Can There Ever Be a Working-Class Republican Party?

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

When the public compares the two parties on the question of protecting the working class, it is still Democrats who come out on top—but not by a lot. Asked by The Hill newspaper, 46 percent said the Democratic Party "fights more" for workers, versus 36 for Republicans...

“If you talked to Republicans and gave them truth serum,” one congressional political adviser admitted, “a majority would say we had it wrong for decades on immigration and trade. We were too quick to look just at the lower price of goods and how that ultimately helped people, and didn’t spend enough time looking at people who were directly hurt by factories being closed and lower wages.”

Last edited:
When the public compares the two parties on the question of protecting the working class, it is still Democrats who come out on top—but not by a lot. Asked by The Hill newspaper, 46 percent said the Democratic Party "fights more" for workers, versus 36 for Republicans...

“If you talked to Republicans and gave them truth serum,” one congressional political adviser admitted, “a majority would say we had it wrong for decades on immigration and trade. We were too quick to look just at the lower price of goods and how that ultimately helped people, and didn’t spend enough time looking at people who were directly hurt by factories being closed and lower wages.”

This is signal... It's coming out of The New Republic which is a progressive leaning website. The working class shift to an America 1st Agenda will keep growing...

Reactions: Scout
I think a populist, eco friendly, term limits, anti open border, anti China, anti Israel party can find traction. Many working class Dems are fed up.

Thank you for the comment.

I agree on all except the anti-Israel party. Globalista are anti-Israel. It is an ally of freedom and democracy. And it is a key member in the major middle east peace deals (Abraham Accords) with UAE, Bahrain, Sudan, Morocco et al. And potentially looking at normalization with Saudi Arabia this year. Saudi Arabia opened airspace for flights from Israel to the UAE.

Some other issues that could be hedged away from the Dems is minimum wage, social spending, multi trillion $ infrastructure investments, with major hubs for technology and retraining of workers.

Worker and middle class, and entrepreneur focused across all communities and people.

Interestingly enough, Trump supported a one-time wealth tax of 14.5% of those with $10M or more back in 1999 as a potential Reform Party Candidate.

I actually think this a major issue that can pivot to the America 1st Republican Party.

Supporting a wealth tax bigger than Senator Warren. Maybe the threshold is higher... $100M or $500M. Or maybe those with $1 billion or more.

Or... something rarely mentioned...

The working class and middle class pay the 6.2% (the other 6.2% of this is paid by the employer) social security tax up to $142,500. That's it.

Any amount earned above is not taxed.

So a 6.2% or 12.4% (since the uber wealthy would be their employer basically) wealth tax every year for those with say $50M or more or $500M or more.

Lastly, I would say all America 1st Republicans should "just say no" to special interest or PAC money.

Only take individual contributions.

Sources:

Reactions: Scout

War Room Live Chat

Support War Room With a Small Donation
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and patriots/causes that appear on the show.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat