House Dems Introduce Bill To ‘Abolish Electoral College’

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

Citizen X

Staff Member
Dec 2, 2019
www.warroomforum.com
1610494371811.png

Introduced on January 11th and referred to the House Judiciary Committee, the resolution proposes an “amendment to the Constitution of the United States to abolish the electoral college and to provide for the direct election of the President and Vice President of the United States.”

uthors of the bill include Rep. Cohen, Rep. Zoe Lofgren, Rep. Jan Schakowsky, Rep. Julia Brownley, Peter DeFazio, Rep. Adriano Espaillat, Rep. John Garamendi, and Rep. Jim Cooper.

Before revealing what the constitutional amendment would look like, the bill rebukes the electoral college as created in “an era of limited nationwide communication and information sharing” and resting on “an antiquated theory that citizens will have a better chance of knowing about electors from their home States than about Presidential candidates from out of State”

“The development of mass media and the internet has made information about Presidential candidates easily accessible to United States citizens across the country and around the world,” the bill also notes.

The bill includes a seven-section article to be added to the Constitution:

1610494395583.png

Attachments

• 1610494357249.png
    1610494357249.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 8,656

HoneyBlonde

Jan 12, 2021
I'm sure the good people of Wyoming, Vermont, DC, Alaska, N Dakota, S Dakota and Delaware won't mind if their votes will have no impact on an election. Gee, how else can these left wing nitwits tear apart this once great country?

Schaferhund

Jan 8, 2021
Let's submit our own bills (Term limits on Senate and House. add modern language to the 2nd Amendment, Limit spending, etc. etc.
conventionofstates.com,
Sign petition, and/or sign on to volunteer.
We can stop the swamp madness through our state legislatures.
Our Senators, House members and Supreme Court Justices have failed us for a long time i.e.
We don't matter to most of them.

Stop Being Delusional

Jan 8, 2021
You can’t stop what is going to happen through any political figure. let’s realise this already. It is the people that will have to fight, not by emails or stupid phone calls, or walking around with a flag. But true forefather fighting. And that won’t happen until it gets so bad that is all people have left. And we aren’t even half way there yet. Give it 10 years.

Schaferhund

Jan 8, 2021
You can’t stop what is going to happen through any political figure. let’s realise this already. It is the people that will have to fight, not by emails or stupid phone calls, or walking around with a flag. But true forefather fighting. And that won’t happen until it gets so bad that is all people have left. And we aren’t even half way there yet. Give it 10 years.
Once they destroy the 2nd Amendment, They will have us !

Every good Commie Knows "if you declaw and take the teeth of a tiger you will have a BIG pussycat.

Stop Being Delusional

Jan 8, 2021
Once they destroy the 2nd Amendment, They will have us !

Every good Commie Knows "if you declaw and take the teeth of a tiger you will have a BIG pussycat.
I don’t believe that fully. I think more people will willingly give up their guns especially if they are threatened by being arrested, killed, kids being taken away etc. The ones fighting, if they fight back, will be those who have nothing to loose but their own life. For example, young men with no wife nor kids. This is how history has always been. Some may hide weapons. But a vast population fighting back, not going to happen. Look at Europe. They all freely handed their weapons in for a selected few who buried them, like the IRA.

FlamingREDpatriot

Jan 10, 2021
I HATE HATE HATE this headline...it is FOOD from the left....a soundbite to scare those not understanding the process..DAMN THE LEFT....I hope some CONSTITUTIONAL scholar will jump in here....but...in order for THE CONSTITUTION to change.....a LOT OF THINGS need to happen....MAINLY.....2/3s of the states need to VOTE TO RATIFY....dont see the small and sparsely populated states voting to shoot themselves in the foot....so...talk it up Dems...it ain't happening.

War Room Live Chat

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat