Is America now a Catholic country?

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021
And, if you knew how to spy the signs, this ceremony reflected the new man’s Roman Catholicism —
a Jesuit leading the prayers, a quote from Saint Augustine, songs from an Italian-American and a Latina.

Has Catholicism become a natural — or even the natural — form of American religion?

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021
And, if you knew how to spy the signs, this ceremony reflected the new man’s Roman Catholicism —
a Jesuit leading the prayers, a quote from Saint Augustine, songs from an Italian-American and a Latina.

Has Catholicism become a natural — or even the natural — form of American religion?

I posted something about this a while back and i think the answer is yes.

25,000 Protestant denominations . . . . . 25,000!!!! That leaves a lot of wiggle room for people to make it up as they go along.

Would-You-Attend-This-Snake-Handlers-Church.png

On the other hand . . . . for all its many, many faults, the Catholic Church has an unbroken 2,000 year tradition to Peter.

But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" 16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." 17 Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[2]and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[3]will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[4]bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[4]loosed in heaven." 20

Btw . . . . I agree with the interpretation that says that Jesus did not mean that Peter was the rock . . . but that Peter's faith was the rock. Regardless . . .. the line runs Jesus to Peter to Pope.

Sadly, the Catholic Church has abused that trust many times.

153878_60048.jpg

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021

A Land of Immigrants, a Shifting Religious Marketplace​

The Coming Protestant Minority

Within Christianity we found the total Protestant population to be slightly over half, 51.3 percent. But in the not-too-distant future this country is going to become minority Protestant – and also minority white as well. (The subset of white Anglo-Saxon Protestant, for instance, now represents only slightly over one-third of the U.S. public, about 37-38 percent.) American Christianity is becoming less Protestant even as it remains predominantly Christian.

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021

A Land of Immigrants, a Shifting Religious Marketplace​

The Coming Protestant Minority

Within Christianity we found the total Protestant population to be slightly over half, 51.3 percent. But in the not-too-distant future this country is going to become minority Protestant – and also minority white as well. (The subset of white Anglo-Saxon Protestant, for instance, now represents only slightly over one-third of the U.S. public, about 37-38 percent.) American Christianity is becoming less Protestant even as it remains predominantly Christian.

The writer . . . . Lugo . . . . sounds like one of THEM.

They're so confident that the invasion will work, ain't they? Waddaya think Grandpa?

600px-Wilby-shotgun-2.jpg

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021

Evangelicalism is often Catholicism in hiding.​

Evangelicalism might be the religion for people who are too lazy to be Catholics?​

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021
The biggest thing that Evangelicals can learn from Catholics is how to worship …
liturgy, when celebrated reverently, can also give worshipers a connection to the sacred
that is just not available through the type of worship service … in Evangelical churches.

War Room Forum
Donate to War Room Forum
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and our support staff to post news and video clips throughout the day.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat