Is it reliable?

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

countermoon

Feb 17, 2021
American midwest
This is a complicated subject. I'm only going to do a quick rough draft—because this is the internet and because most people don't want to think or can't think or both.

When you read something, how do you know if it is true? How do you know if the source is reliable? I would guess the following are among the most common reasons.

• An authority figure says so: Parents, teachers, friends, spouse, neighbors, critics
  • It's a popular source
  • It's an unpopular source
  • It says things you like to hear
  • It's been around for a long time
  • It hasn't been around for a long time
  • It's consistently right
  • It's cited by other sources you like
  • It's been criticized by sources you dislike
  • It's affiliated with a source you like
  • It's written in ALL CAPS, so it must be true
  • It has pictures, so it must be true

Reactions: highsea

OkieAnnie918

Feb 11, 2021
Correct. Your list represents the majority of variables that factor into the reader's final thought(s.) Hopefully, the information they are given is also analyzed with past experiences, known truths, lies and undeniable evidence. Source credibility should be at the beginning, middle and end of everything, every time. Sadly, journalist/media integrity is now extinct. We are in as situation, and time, that it is difficult to comprehend and even more upsetting to know the deceit started before we were born. Little by little they started the manipulation of information slowly and strategically so that we did not know what was happening.
Some of the most prolific and successful burglars are the ones that do it right under their victims nose. Bernie Madoff and other “financial planners” do it every second of everyday.

OkieAnnie918

Feb 11, 2021
This is a complicated subject. I'm only going to do a quick rough draft—because this is the internet and because most people don't want to think or can't think or both.

When you read something, how do you know if it is true? How do you know if the source is reliable? I would guess the following are among the most common reasons.

• An authority figure says so: Parents, teachers, friends, spouse, neighbors, critics
  • It's a popular source
  • It's an unpopular source
  • It says things you like to hear
  • It's been around for a long time
  • It hasn't been around for a long time
  • It's consistently right
  • It's cited by other sources you like
  • It's been criticized by sources you dislike
  • It's affiliated with a source you like
  • It's written in ALL CAPS, so it must be true
  • It has pictures, so it must be true
I am even skeptical of sworn testimony. Unless the person sworn in is a Christian, are we naïve enough to trust they are speaking the truth?

OkieAnnie918

Feb 11, 2021
See if ya believe this....
Do I believe that Pences marriage was saved through “gay conversion therapy” or that he even went to therapy; no. Do I believe those words came from his mouth? Maybe, but they were fed to him from a public relations fixer. If he has ANY hope of being in other public office, VPOTUS or POTUS, he MUST regain favor with Christian’s. What better way to do that than not confessing to anything, and say “I have seen the light! God has changed my heart & forgives me! Can you?” BOOM! Drop mic! Pence out to celebrate by taking the innocence of a young boy!
Not my place to judge, but I did. What happened between Pence his wife and God, only they know. Could it be true? Possibly but not likely. He does not need my forgiveness, it’s not for me to give. IT IS our responsibility to hold him accountable for his actions and protect every potential future victim and that means keeping him out of power.

Dip Stick

Jan 9, 2021
Correct. Your list represents the majority of variables that factor into the reader's final thought(s.) Hopefully, the information they are given is also analyzed with past experiences, known truths, lies and undeniable evidence. Source credibility should be at the beginning, middle and end of everything, every time. Sadly, journalist/media integrity is now extinct. We are in as situation, and time, that it is difficult to comprehend and even more upsetting to know the deceit started before we were born. Little by little they started the manipulation of information slowly and strategically so that we did not know what was happening.
Some of the most prolific and successful burglars are the ones that do it right under their victims nose. Bernie Madoff and other “financial planners” do it every second of everyday.
You're Right! Satan has slowly made his moves over many decades to Lie and Deceive that has put us on the Battlefield we're on Today!

Reactions: OkieAnnie918

countermoon

Feb 17, 2021
American midwest
"the deceit started before we were born"

This is well said. It's probably a bad idea to date yourself, so I don't know when anyone here was born. I imagine we haven't had representative government for about 50 years. It all started with the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That was the new Constitution. But that's a different discussion.

We didn't become Nicaragua overnight. As usual, there's plenty of blame to go around.

It's like weeds. If you let them go too long, they take over.🌱

At my house, last summer was a bad time for crabgrass. Well, good for crabgrass, bad for me. I had stopped using Roundup because of health concerns. Then I gave up and changed my mind. And then...the Roundup didn't get the job done. Some of these weeds have multi-year cycles. Some of them flower and spread their evil spores across your lawn. Some of them work their way through the cracks of my shed and try to choke my lawnmower. It's war.

I'll be out there again this coming summer, returning to the scene of the crime. I bought a manual weeder from Garrett Wade. One of the best tools I ever bought.

OkieAnnie918

Feb 11, 2021
"the deceit started before we were born"

This is well said. It's probably a bad idea to date yourself, so I don't know when anyone here was born. I imagine we haven't had representative government for about 50 years. It all started with the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That was the new Constitution. But that's a different discussion.

We didn't become Nicaragua overnight. As usual, there's plenty of blame to go around.

It's like weeds. If you let them go too long, they take over.🌱

At my house, last summer was a bad time for crabgrass. Well, good for crabgrass, bad for me. I had stopped using Roundup because of health concerns. Then I gave up and changed my mind. And then...the Roundup didn't get the job done. Some of these weeds have multi-year cycles. Some of them flower and spread their evil spores across your lawn. Some of them work their way through the cracks of my shed and try to choke my lawnmower. It's war.

I'll be out there again this coming summer, returning to the scene of the crime. I bought a manual weeder from Garrett Wade. One of the best tools I ever bought.
It’s like a metastatic cancer. If you do not cut it out early enough, death of the organism is certain. Then you’re fighting to live for months or days not years....The USA has metastatic cancer, hopefully it’s not too late. If we do not fight with everyone potential option we will be done and America a memory.

Reactions: Dip Stick

Stop Being Delusional

Jan 8, 2021
I think it depends on what subject you are reading. If it is a book on history and people start calling you names, you know you are on the right path. Because the brainwashed herd will automatically shut you down and try to belittle you. Also there are loads of quotes from men about certain topics that help explain certain things, a lot hidden ofc since they take down anything other than Anti white propaganda. Same goes with science. As far as today’s news, I take it all with a grain of salt. Read several articles, research (if possible) and will come to my own conclusion if I deem it worthy enough. Also they will hide tidbits that people overlook a lot. Many folks just read the headlines and skip the article when the article states the opposite of the headline.

Basically don’t believe everything you are told. Is how I look at things.

Stop Being Delusional

Jan 8, 2021
No offense taken here. If someone does not have time to think....that’s a scary thought. Yikes! Perhaps that’s one of the reasons our country is close to destruction.
With the lockdowns and all, there is plenty of time to think and research. I have encountered many who have woken up to the lies of history just because they have time now to research. People need to relax, take a break. You don’t need to be on your feet and on the move 24/7.

Reactions: OkieAnnie918

Dip Stick

Jan 9, 2021
It’s like a metastatic cancer. If you do not cut it out early enough, death of the organism is certain. Then you’re fighting to live for months or days not years....The USA has metastatic cancer, hopefully it’s not too late. If we do not fight with everyone potential option we will be done and America a memory.
🙏🇺🇸🙏🇺🇸🙏🇺🇸

Reactions: Atomicanon

countermoon

Feb 17, 2021
American midwest
Yeah, I thought more people would use the time at home wisely, but they didn't. They complained a lot. I guess they love being at work. I don't. Then they complained about having to be around their kids all the time. Sure, I get it. It's hard to tell what happens in America, how people feel, what they think, how they spend their time. We don't even have an accurate census.

Republicans deserve a lot of blame. I spent years voting for them on the assumption that they were Republicans when they were really just pretending. We need different...kinds...of candidates. I'm not involved in choosing who runs. I don't know the first thing about it.

War Room Live Chat

Support War Room With a Small Donation
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and patriots/causes that appear on the show.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat