Nancy Pelosi's Recent Stock Purchase Raises Ethical and Legal Questions

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

Citizen X

Staff Member
Dec 2, 2019
www.warroomforum.com
1611870470000.png

Nancy Pelosi’s latest financial disclosures, revealed over the weekend, show that she purchased 25 Tesla call options with a $500 strike price and an expiration date of 3/12/2022 on December 22, 2020, paying between $500,000 and $1 million for the option.

There were other purchases of AllianceBernstein Holdings, Apple, and Walt Disney on the disclosure, but the Tesla purchase is raising eyebrows, as Chris Katje of Yahoo! Finance noted, “as arguments could be made that the companies stand to benefit from new President Joe Biden’s agenda.”

On Monday, Joe Biden announced his “Buy American” executive order that includes a plan to replace the U.S. government’s fleet of cars and trucks with U.S.-assembled electric vehicles. Tesla, General Motors, and Nissan all produce electric vehicles in the United States.

Why is this important? The ethical issue surrounding members of Congress buying individual stocks is hardly new. Former Georgia Senator David Perdue was accused of unethical stock purchases while he was in Congress. He was, however, investigated and cleared of wrongdoing. Former Congressman Chris Collins (R-N.Y.), however, was sentenced to 26 months in prison for giving his son an illegal stock tip about an Australian biotech company’s failed drug trial before that information had been made public.

The Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge (STOCK) Act, signed into law in 2012, prohibits the use of non-public information for profit by members of Congress and government employees. Did Pelosi have insider knowledge that Joe Biden was going to replace the government’s vehicle fleet with American-made electric vehicles?

Without a doubt, such a thing would be difficult to prove. Joe Biden’s environmental agenda alone would likely have been enough for plenty of people to consider investing in various green energy companies and manufacturers of electric vehicles. But that doesn’t make the purchase less suspicious, and an investigation to determine whether Pelosi broke the law is, at the very least, warranted here.

JACK MAXEY IS A HERO.

Jan 9, 2021
A while back 60 Minutes revealed that congress has free access to insider trading. After Pelosi, et al, got caught, they briefly repealed that...and then when no one was watching, they un-repealed it. This witch is someone who prefers to fly on military aircraft, with all the associated expense (10x more that 1st class). I cannot wait till she is gone.

Lady Patriot

Dec 30, 2020
CALIFORNIA
A while back 60 Minutes revealed that congress has free access to insider trading. After Pelosi, et al, got caught, they briefly repealed that...and then when no one was watching, they un-repealed it. This witch is someone who prefers to fly on military aircraft, with all the associated expense (10x more that 1st class). I cannot wait till she is gone.
DITTO....This witch is someone who prefers to fly on military aircraft, with all the associated expense (10x more that 1st class). I cannot wait till she is gone.

Tim Fox

Jan 20, 2021
Texas
Look it up, Pelosi is one of the richest in Congress and she and her husband are worth $125 to $250 million depending on who you believe. They make millions per year on passive investments using the fortune to watch the money keep rolling in while she decided NOT to make a deal with Trump this past summer to help the people hurt from Covid because she wanted Biden to win. With her money, it took just spare change to buy the huge freezer that she fills it with designer ice cream that she ate with the cameras rolling while masses of Americans suffered. Yes, she is the WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST!!!

Vicki Stromlund

Jan 9, 2021
Citrus Heights, CA
View attachment 1047

Nancy Pelosi’s latest financial disclosures, revealed over the weekend, show that she purchased 25 Tesla call options with a $500 strike price and an expiration date of 3/12/2022 on December 22, 2020, paying between $500,000 and $1 million for the option.

There were other purchases of AllianceBernstein Holdings, Apple, and Walt Disney on the disclosure, but the Tesla purchase is raising eyebrows, as Chris Katje of Yahoo! Finance noted, “as arguments could be made that the companies stand to benefit from new President Joe Biden’s agenda.”

On Monday, Joe Biden announced his “Buy American” executive order that includes a plan to replace the U.S. government’s fleet of cars and trucks with U.S.-assembled electric vehicles. Tesla, General Motors, and Nissan all produce electric vehicles in the United States.

Why is this important? The ethical issue surrounding members of Congress buying individual stocks is hardly new. Former Georgia Senator David Perdue was accused of unethical stock purchases while he was in Congress. He was, however, investigated and cleared of wrongdoing. Former Congressman Chris Collins (R-N.Y.), however, was sentenced to 26 months in prison for giving his son an illegal stock tip about an Australian biotech company’s failed drug trial before that information had been made public.

The Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge (STOCK) Act, signed into law in 2012, prohibits the use of non-public information for profit by members of Congress and government employees. Did Pelosi have insider knowledge that Joe Biden was going to replace the government’s vehicle fleet with American-made electric vehicles?

Without a doubt, such a thing would be difficult to prove. Joe Biden’s environmental agenda alone would likely have been enough for plenty of people to consider investing in various green energy companies and manufacturers of electric vehicles. But that doesn’t make the purchase less suspicious, and an investigation to determine whether Pelosi broke the law is, at the very least, warranted here.

This corrupt gang has to be removed from office - FOREVER! Stripped of their pensions, and healthcare benefits, and any other benefit the taxpayers are paying for, on their behalf.

Vicki Stromlund

Jan 9, 2021
Citrus Heights, CA
I attended (via telephone) the Town Hall that Ami Bera (D-CA) was conducting. I now know what a struggle session feels like. Having to wait, with the hope of actually asking a question, I was forced to listen to his views on President Trump. The only credit he gave him was for the speed of the vaccines - and that was followed by it's a real credit to the ingenuity of scientists, and corporations in our country. (Oh! so not so much President Trump after all?) There were a lot of things discussed, none of which I was hoping for, and some that scared me to death.
I'm attaching the letter I sent through his contact page with as much as I could remember - and my point of view. If I get disappeared, you'll know why! lol

Attachments

• Dear Dr Bera.pdf
    72 KB · Views: 96

FlamingREDpatriot

Jan 10, 2021
View attachment 1047

Oh.....come on.....I read the headline to the story...and said....Nancy.....having questionable stock trades?....why....OF COURSE....the woman doesnt have AN HONEST BONE IN HER old .....bony BODY......not ONE.....everything.....everything.....everything..... she damn well TOUCHES..... is full of...... DECEIT.....FRAUD.....and.....AND I AM NOT STRETCHING THIS....when I say......EVERYTHING she TOUCHES has SOME droplets of PURE EVIL attached to it.......a woman...walking the halls of congress...THIRD IN LINE OF POWER....and she has about as much..... SELF RESPECT.... and .....SELF AWARENESS.... as a bowl of dog food.
There will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER be a time when....if I were in the same.....breathing space as her......which MIGHT BE DIFFICULT.....because I am assuming that all the GOOD oxygen is.....SUCKED....right outta the air.....when she walks by......but if...I HAD to be in that same space....I would NOT STAND UP....to applaud her....I wouldn't even acknowledge her presence.....even if a gun were pointed to my head....I would rather...... LOSE MY LIFE.....and be in the GLORIOUS presence of GOD....than acknowledge her and her lying ......pathetic...attachment to US history.
come after me....people.....those of you who question my faith and tell me that I need to "love all people".........I'm gonna stand in the temple with JESUS.....and overturn the tables....and make a STINKING SCENE.....because....just like JESUS.....throwing the EVIL money changers out of that sacred space.....I see the parallels of EVIL in the presence of OUR place.....THE PEOPLES PLACE....consecrated by GOD.........and its... being DEFILED by unfathomable.....EVIL PEOPLE........Dont even start me on that "B" thing in the OVAL....!!!!!!!!......OH, LORD....HOW WE NEED YOU.....oh....HOW WE NEED YOU...........(perhaps......in some respect.....this is why this is happening.....it is DRIVING.....those of US....WHO BELIEVE.....ONTO OUR KNEES......FOR THE SALVATION OF GODS ...REDEMPTIVE....MIGHTY.....HAND)

1/2planetaway

Jan 19, 2021
View attachment 1047

So much for your false conspiracy theorists saying she has been arrested and the military is in control...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI6-rAXfV8w corruption and pork barrelling and insider trading is the norm i US ...both parties involved...must watch for Open books....

John Realino

Jan 27, 2021
Look it up, Pelosi is one of the richest in Congress and she and her husband are worth $125 to $250 million depending on who you believe. They make millions per year on passive investments using the fortune to watch the money keep rolling in while she decided NOT to make a deal with Trump this past summer to help the people hurt from Covid because she wanted Biden to win. With her money, it took just spare change to buy the huge freezer that she fills it with designer ice cream that she ate with the cameras rolling while masses of Americans suffered. Yes, she is the WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST!!!
So agree. She hates trump beyond words, she wouldn’t help the people with relief money, but wanted billions to go everywhere else! They could have given every person in America 100,000 dollars and still not come close to reach their foreign bailouts to other countries, or different closed centers, like Kennedy, and Smithsonian ,etc ! She’s Pathetic!

1/2planetaway

Jan 19, 2021
So agree. She hates trump beyond words, she wouldn’t help the people with relief money, but wanted billions to go everywhere else! They could have given every person in America 100,000 dollars and still not come close to reach their foreign bailouts to other countries, or different closed centers, like Kennedy, and Smithsonian ,etc ! She’s Pathetic!
so true...

Reactions: adhutchings

JACK MAXEY IS A HERO.

Jan 9, 2021
I attended (via telephone) the Town Hall that Ami Bera (D-CA) was conducting. I now know what a struggle session feels like. Having to wait, with the hope of actually asking a question, I was forced to listen to his views on President Trump. The only credit he gave him was for the speed of the vaccines - and that was followed by it's a real credit to the ingenuity of scientists, and corporations in our country. (Oh! so not so much President Trump after all?) There were a lot of things discussed, none of which I was hoping for, and some that scared me to death.
I'm attaching the letter I sent through his contact page with as much as I could remember - and my point of view. If I get disappeared, you'll know why! lol
Nicely written.

Reactions: ImYerHuckleberry

1/2planetaway

Jan 19, 2021
Oh.....come on.....I read the headline to the story...and said....Nancy.....having questionable stock trades?....why....OF COURSE....the woman doesnt have AN HONEST BONE IN HER old .....bony BODY......not ONE.....everything.....everything.....everything..... she damn well TOUCHES..... is full of...... DECEIT.....FRAUD.....and.....AND I AM NOT STRETCHING THIS....when I say......EVERYTHING she TOUCHES has SOME droplets of PURE EVIL attached to it.......a woman...walking the halls of congress...THIRD IN LINE OF POWER....and she has about as much..... SELF RESPECT.... and .....SELF AWARENESS.... as a bowl of dog food.
There will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER be a time when....if I were in the same.....breathing space as her......which MIGHT BE DIFFICULT.....because I am assuming that all the GOOD oxygen is.....SUCKED....right outta the air.....when she walks by......but if...I HAD to be in that same space....I would NOT STAND UP....to applaud her....I wouldn't even acknowledge her presence.....even if a gun were pointed to my head....I would rather...... LOSE MY LIFE.....and be in the GLORIOUS presence of GOD....than acknowledge her and her lying ......pathetic...attachment to US history.
come after me....people.....those of you who question my faith and tell me that I need to "love all people".........I'm gonna stand in the temple with JESUS.....and overturn the tables....and make a STINKING SCENE.....because....just like JESUS.....throwing the EVIL money changers out of that sacred space.....I see the parallels of EVIL in the presence of OUR place.....THE PEOPLES PLACE....consecrated by GOD.........and its... being DEFILED by unfathomable.....EVIL PEOPLE........Dont even start me on that "B" thing in the OVAL....!!!!!!!!......OH, LORD....HOW WE NEED YOU.....oh....HOW WE NEED YOU...........(perhaps......in some respect.....this is why this is happening.....it is DRIVING.....those of US....WHO BELIEVE.....ONTO OUR KNEES......FOR THE SALVATION OF GODS ...REDEMPTIVE....MIGHTY.....HAND)
I agree completely, the scary thing is that GOD created that mafia Whore...in his image...lol

Annettedf1027

Jan 11, 2021
EXCELLENT LETTER!
Brave, and we all have to be brave and speak up.
They can't disappear us all at the same time......well, maybe they can, but let's not go there!

Patriot Lindell

Jan 2, 2021
View attachment 1047

Not really, they have different set of laws to follow.

Fight back

Jan 30, 2021
Wonderful example of why the establishment class on BOTH sides in DC needs to be sent packing!!!

LinCava

Jan 18, 2021
This is NOT the first time it's come up.
It's more moaning & groaning.
She's in a position of power, and has insider information - her husband is a SUCCESSFUL VENTURE CAPITALIST.
NOTHING was done to reign her in prior to this, though it's been made public that she's benefitted by inside information, well before now.
Martha Stewart went to jail for doing the same with ImClone stock in 2001.
Does it not scream at all of us that folks in power in government have placed themselves, ROYALLY, ABOVE the LAW, and the opposing party counts it as one of THEIR perks, too. So NOTHING is done to dethrone any of them.

Reactions: GrammarGrouch

War Room Live Chat

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat