No more paying people to stay home from work (Video)

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

Citizen X

Staff Member
Dec 2, 2019
www.warroomforum.com
1596399774521.png

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Sunday threw cold water on the prospect of extending $600-per-week unemployment benefits. In an interview with ABC’s “This Week,” Mnuchin suggested that the payments, which expired last week, led to some out-of-work Americans being “overpaid” and indicated that he believed they were slowing the return of workers to the labor market.

“Unemployment is supposed to be wage replacement, so it should be tied to some percentage of wages. The fact that we had a flat number was an emergency where we had 30-year-old computer systems.”

“I think on the concept we absolutely agree on enhanced unemployment. We want to fix the issue where people are overpaid, and we want to make sure there’s the right incentives to get back to work. In certain cases where we’re paying people more to stay home than to work, that’s created issues in the entire economy.”

N

NV Writer

I totally agree with him. The increase should be at the same percentage rate of normal salary up to $600 additional dollars. Not twice what some make a week. I don't know where they think the money is going to come from if people don't get back to work and pay taxes.

G

Garry Truman

No we should in't. You work all your live, people have jobs don't want to go back to work. I'm sorry for your luck . Free pass is over. The Dems won't this. They do not care if the economy open up. So they can blame Trump for it 😁

War Room Live Chat

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat