Sunlight renders coronavirus inactive 8 TIMES faster than predicted, says new study -- article --

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

caroletucotte

Feb 13, 2021

Sunlight renders coronavirus inactive 8 TIMES faster than predicted, says new study

1617501896627.png

Illustration: © Ricardo Esquivel from Pexels

Researchers have found that the coronavirus is inactivated by sunlight as much as eight times faster in experiments than predicted by current theoretical modelling, providing a glimmer of hope in turning the tide on the pandemic.

UC Santa Barbara assistant professor of mechanical engineering Paolo Luzzatto-Fegiz conducted an analysis of 2020 studies exploring the effects of different forms of UV radiation on the SARS-CoV-2 and found a significant discrepancy.

As with all electromagnetic radiation, UV falls on a spectrum, with longer-wave UVA reacting differently with parts of DNA and RNA than other mid-range UVB waves contained in sunlight, which kill microbes and cause sunburn in humans.

Short-wave UVC radiation has previously been shown to deactivate viruses such as SARS-CoV-2, which is responsible for Covid-19, but this section of the UV spectrum is deflected away by the Earth’s ozone layer.

A July 2020 experimental study tested the power of UV light on SARS-CoV-2, contained in simulated saliva, and found the virus was inactivated in under 20 minutes.

However, a theory published a month later suggested sunlight could achieve the same effect, which didn’t quite add up. This second study concluded that SARS-CoV-2 was three times more sensitive to UV radiation in sunlight than the influenza A virus.

The vast majority of coronavirus particles were rendered inactive within 30 minutes of exposure to midday summer sunlight, whereas the virus could survive for days under winter sunlight.

“The experimentally observed inactivation in simulated saliva is over eight times faster than would have been expected from the theory,” Luzzatto-Feigiz and his team said. “So, scientists don’t yet know what’s going on.”

The team suspects that, as the UVC doesn’t reach the Earth, instead of directly attacking the RNA, the long-wave UVA in sunlight interacts with molecules in the virus’ environment, such as saliva, which speeds up the inactivation, in a process witnessed previously in wastewater treatment.

The findings suggest UVA emitters could be added to equipment such as air filtration systems to provide a cheap and energy-efficient means of reducing the spread of viral particles. Masks and social distancing would more than likely still be required, but such UV-based interventions could be of some benefit as nations struggle with recurring waves of the pandemic despite vaccination efforts.
___
https://www.rt.com/news/519921-sunlight-renders-coronavirus-inactive/

Attachments

• 1617501841875.png
    1617501841875.png
    754.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 1617501871754.png
    1617501871754.png
    754.5 KB · Views: 9

bannonfan

Mar 1, 2021
i read a study where they put the tube down a set of lungs and zapped the bugs out with a full spectrum grow light...

we put in UV only in the furnace system 25 yrs ago, for that reason. It costs a few bucks, like 1 or 2 hundred for the bulb and another few for the tech to install..... but does kill bugs in the system without chemicals.

some sites say it does harm, but how I'm not sure, it doesn't creaate ozone or anything.

don't buy UV bulbs and hendle them without knowing what you are doing though. You can save with a DIY install, but you must never look directly at the light or it will burn your retina and blind you.

RMT

Feb 19, 2021
Of course sunlight does. PHOTOBIOMODULATION actually has a leg up on regular sunshine - especially given the fact we can't get the DIRECT rays we need due to the effects of chemtrails — diffusing the sun's rays. THAT'S ON ANOTHER THREAD IN THIS FORUM that was hotly challenged. I stand by my posts. It's helpful to see the bigger picture of what our bodies are dealing with in this day and time.

Look up Photobiomodulation and then look up Photobiomodulation and COVID. Surprisingly there's a number of articles published on this. I purchased a piece of Photobiomodulation equipment (also referred to as Red Light Therapy AND Low Level Laser Therapy.) 3 years ago for personal health reasons. Unbeknownst to me, it's been around for years particularly in the Equine field. Difference now is it's less expensive and they use LED lights. There are some VERY expensive models that are like the old tanning beds being used. But...there are others that are portable and more cost effective. Can get them in all near infrared, infrared, or a combo... the combo fit my needs. I use my machine daily. Takes 15-18 minutes total, grey skies or sunshine. (NOTE: I have NO financial interest in writing about this therapy.)

Photobiomodulation therapy is now making its way in to a number areas of our lives. The benefits are innumerable. The well known field of anti-aging medicine is reaping rewards of this light therapy. There's several youtube videos on the therapy. There's a significant number of papers written and published on Photobiomodulation, many by Michael Hamblin.

Photobiomodulation: Shining Light on COVID-19​

Snipped:​

Results: In the COVID-19 patients hemoglobin is decreasing and protoporphyrin is increasing, generating an extremely harmful accumulation of iron ions in the bloodstream, which are able to induce an intense inflammatory process in the body with a consequent increase in C-reactive protein and albumin. Observing the unsaturation characteristics of the cyclic porphyrin ring allows it to absorb and emit radiation mainly in the visible region. This characteristic can represent an important differential to change this process in the event of an imbalance in this system, through the photobiomodulation to increase the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) using red and near-infrared radiation (R-NIR) and vitamin D using ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation. These two compounds have the primary role of activating the defense mechanisms of the immune system, enabling greater resistance of the individual against the attack by the virus. According to the theory of electron excitation in photosensitive molecules, similar to hemoglobin heme, after the photon absorption there would be an increase in the stability of the iron ion bond with the center of the pyrrole ring, preventing the losses of heme function oxygen transport (HbO2). The light is also absorbed by cytochrome c oxidase in the R-NIR region, with a consequent increase in electron transport, regulating enzyme activity and resulting in a significant increase of oxygen rate consumption by mitochondria, increasing ATP production.

Conclusions:The most favorable range of optical radiation to operate in this system is between R-NIR region, in which cytochrome c oxidase and porphyrin present absorption peaks centered at 640 nm and HbO2 with absorption peak centered at 900 nm. Based on the mechanisms described earlier, our hypothesis is that light could reduce the lethality of COVID-19.

Probable positive effects of the photobiomodulation as an adjunctive treatment in COVID-19: A systematic review​

Results: Seventeen related papers were included in this review. All of them were in animal models. They showed that the PBM could significantly decrease the pulmonary edema, neutrophil influx, and generation of pro-inflammatory cytokines (tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), interleukin 1 beta (IL-1β), interleukin 6 (IL-6), intracellular adhesion molecule (ICAM), reactive oxygen species (ROS), isoform of nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), and macrophage inflammatory protein 2 (MIP-2)).

Conclusion: Our findings revealed that the PBM could be helpful in reducing the lung inflammation and promoting the regeneration of the damaged tissue. PBM can increase the oxygenation indirectly in order to rehabilitate the affected organs. Thus, the infra-red lasers or light-emitting diodes (LEDs) are recommended in this regard.

Last edited:

RMT

Feb 19, 2021
WTH? I'm reading more closely about these studies on Photobiomodulation and COVID-19, they were done in the SUMMER of 2020. I thought no one started really started showing symptoms until early - late fall. THIS is very interesting. Also a clinical trial at Cairo University in June, 2020.

More on

Photobiomodulation​

Harvard researcher, Mark Hamblin, Phd, widely regarded as the world's top authority on red and near-infrared light therapy.

Look him up.

Last edited:

Virginia VCU

Feb 10, 2021
Those people in California are just so smart. Who would have ever known that sunlight kills viruses or bacteria.
But keep wearing the mask, we wouldn't want to do mass murder on those poor little microbes.

Last edited:

War Room Live Chat

Support War Room With a Small Donation
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and patriots/causes that appear on the show.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat