The MAGA Platform Parallels the 1900s Progressive Movement

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

codecowboy

Mar 1, 2021
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. I can't help but think how closely our current situation parallels where we were in the early 1900s. Steve always likes to talk about Lincoln, and Jackson, but personally I think the best president was Theodore Roosevelt. We'd be in a much better spot if Trump took his cues from Teddy during his first term.

To set the stage: in the early 1900s we were well into our industrial revolution. The concentration of wealth and power was worse than it had ever been in our country's history. Names like JP Morgan, John D Rockefeller, and Andrew Carnegie were consolidating industries both horizontally and vertically. All at the expense of the American worker and the American citizen.

Workers had to work excruciating hours in dangerous conditions just to get by. Things were so bleak families started sending children to work. Things started to boil over with violent strikes and protests.

Along came progressive Republican Teddy Roosevelt. He started working for workers rights and benefits as the governor of NY. Eventually the establishment had enough of him and made him the Vice President to try and quash his power. After the assassination of Pres. Mckinley Teddy became president.

The reason Teddy was so great was he took on the establishment harder than any President since including Trump. He started by busting up trusts and implementing his Square Deal. He was fighting for the common man.

This is what I think Trump needed to do more of from a domestic policy perspective. Wealth inequality I believe is the defining issue of our time as it was then. Back then it was railroads and steel. Today it is information, data, and services.

Trump should have went after the huge corporations with AntiTrust laws. It's clear we have decendend into an oligarchy much like the early 1900s. While we don't have children working in dangerous factories, the oligarchy could be worse now with their ability to simply choose their preferred president. With the banking cartel that was setup by woodrow wilson, we are enslaved in different ways.

I believe until we break up these huge fortunes things will only continue to get worse. Our salaries will continue to get inflated away by huge spending bills that only benefit the ultra wealthy and special interests. What's worse they've found all they have to do is placate us with our measly $1400 stimulus checks and we'll continue to do what we're told.

We need a Teddy Roosevelt.

Last edited:

MEAN BUSINESS

Mar 2, 2021
He might have done more if he had not been under constant attack from the MSM, Dems, and McCain and that ilk. Regardless, his list of accomplishments is very long. Lowest unemployment numbers and wages rising faster for the working folks.

Who can win in '24 and do more than DJT?

Reactions: Dreaminfreedom

Schaferhund

Jan 8, 2021
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. I can't help but think how closely our current situation parallels where we were in the early 1900s. Steve always likes to talk about Lincoln, and Jackson, but personally I think the best president was Theodore Roosevelt. We'd be in a much better spot if Trump took his cues from Teddy during his first term.

To set the stage: in the early 1900s we were well into our industrial revolution. The concentration of wealth and power was worse than it had ever been in our country's history. Names like JP Morgan, John D Rockefeller, and Andrew Carnegie were consolidating industries both horizontally and vertically. All at the expense of the American worker and the American citizen.

Workers had to work excruciating hours in dangerous conditions just to get by. Things were so bleak families started sending children to work. Things started to boil over with violent strikes and protests.

Along came progressive Republican Teddy Roosevelt. He started working for workers rights and benefits as the governor of NY. Eventually the establishment had enough of him and made him the Vice President to try and quash his power. After the assassination of Pres. Mckinley Teddy became president.

The reason Teddy was so great was he took on the establishment harder than any President since including Trump. He started by busting up trusts and implementing his Square Deal. He was fighting for the common man.

This is what I think Trump needed to do more of from a domestic policy perspective. Wealth inequality I believe is the defining issue of our time as it was then. Back then it was railroads and steel. Today it is information, data, and services.

Trump should have went after the huge corporations with AntiTrust laws. It's clear we have decendend into an oligarchy much like the early 1900s. While we don't have children working in dangerous factories, the oligarchy could be worse now with their ability to simply choose their preferred president. With the banking cartel that was setup by woodrow wilson, we are enslaved in different ways.

I believe until we break up these huge fortunes things will only continue to get worse. Our salaries will continue to get inflated away by huge spending bills that only benefit the ultra wealthy and special interests. What's worse they've found all they have to do is placate us with our measly $1400 stimulus checks and we'll continue to do what we're told.

We need a Teddy Roosevelt.
Excellent post,
And....A great leader (DJT)? backed by 70 + Million folks mad as hell ,awake as can be and not taking it any more !!

War Room Live Chat

Support War Room With a Small Donation
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and patriots/causes that appear on the show.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat