The Names of God in the Bible

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

Made in the U.S.A

Feb 19, 2021
https://www.godisreal.today/

This list of names of God helps you experience how majestic God is and how deeply He loves you. Study the different names of God from Hebrew and Scripture and let His blessings fill your life, as you build a relationship with God, based on every aspect of His names.​

Isn’t it amazing that God revealed to us Himself through His names? Knowing His names helps us to know Him. Thinking of ALL that is written in His word, to be passed on generation to generation, He made sure to reveal Himself to us. That we can KNOW Him🙂.

Last edited:

Made in the U.S.A

Feb 19, 2021
Astounding to know that He, Creator of ALL, is mindful of us...😇

Psalm 8​

King James Version​

8 O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.

2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
9 O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! Amen🙏🏻

Scout9

Feb 13, 2021
Exodus 3:15 "Yahweh also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'The LORD, YHWH, {Yahweh}, the God of your fathers - the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob- has sent me to you. This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation."

Isaiah 42:8 "I am Yahweh; that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another; neither my praise to graven images."

As I understand it, when the Jewish were brought back into Israel after their captivity from Babylon, they changed all the places in Scripture in which the name of their God, YHWH (also known as the Tetragrammaton: Yodh, He, Waw, He [sometimes the Waw is spelled Vey]); was written, the Jewish changed it to ADONAI. When the translations were written in English, they used the LORD (a title) to represent the name of God; or God (which is an entity) to represent God. However, when the Israelites were in captivity in Egypt, there were over 2000 gods in Egypt and the Israelites were indoctrinated with that ideology. Yahwey wanted the Israelites to know and say His name alone. After the second exile: the Jewish were afraid to profane His sacred name, hence wiping it out of Scripture in the translations. (No one knows how to pronounce His name YHWH correctly.)

Once I realized that Yahweh (or Yehovah) wanted all of us to know his name, I stopped using God or the LORD and to call him by his name of YHWH, which I also cannot pronounce, so I use Yahweh.

Also, I thought anyone reading this thread would benefit from the weekly song which is sung on the Sabbath at the Tabernacle which I attend to bless His children. It is a beautiful thing to bless the children weekly, and if I am honest, there are days when I go near the huppa to receive the blessing too. BTW, I always clarify, I am not Jewish, but I am a child of God.

Sabbath Blessing:

"May the LORD protect and defend you
May He always shield you from shame
May you come to be in Isr'el a shining name
May you be like Ruth and like Ephraim
May you be deserving of praise
Strengthen them O LORD ad keep them from the strangers' ways
May the LORD preserve you from pain
Favor them O LORD with happiness and peace
O hear our Sabbath prayer. Amen

Be blessed!!!

Last edited:

Made in the U.S.A

Feb 19, 2021
Exodus 3:15 "Yahweh also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'The LORD, YHWH, {}, the God of your fathers - the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob- has sent me to you. This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation."

Isaiah 42:8 "I am Yahweh; that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another; neither my praise to graven images."

As I understand it, when the Jewish were brought back into Israel after their captivity from Babylon, they changed all the places in Scripture in which the name of their God, YHWH (also known as the Tetragrammaton: Yodh, He, Waw, He [sometimes the Waw is spelled Vey]); was written, the Jewish changed it to ADONAI. When the translations were written in English, they used the LORD (a title) to represent the name of God; or God (which is an entity) to represent God. However, when the Israelites were in captivity in Egypt, there were over 2000 gods in Egypt and the Israelites were indoctrinated with that ideology. Yahwey wanted the Israelites to know and say His name alone. After the second exile: the Jewish were afraid to profane His sacred name, hence wiping it out of Scripture in the translations. (No one knows how to pronounce His name YHWH correctly.)

Once I realized that Yahweh (or Yehovah) wanted all of us to know his name, I stopped using God or the LORD and to call him by his name of YHWH, which I also cannot pronounce, so I use Yahweh.

Also, I thought anyone reading this thread would benefit from the weekly song which is sung on the Sabbath at the Tabernacle which I attend to bless His children. It is a beautiful thing to bless the children weekly, and if I am honest, there are days when I go near the huppa to receive the blessing too. BTW, I always clarify, I am not Jewish, but I am a child of God.

Sabbath Blessing:

"May the LORD protect and defend you
May He always shield you from shame
May you come to be in Isr'el a shining name
May you be like Ruth and like Ephraim
May you be deserving of praise
Strengthen them O LORD ad keep them from the strangers' ways
May the LORD preserve you from pain
Favor them O LORD with happiness and peace
O hear our Sabbath prayer. Amen

Be blessed!!!
Thank you for sharing Scout9 , I had learned pretty much the same history of Yahweh’s name , but was taught it was because the Jewish people felt it was to Holy to speak, or to even write. They made a seven year exception that it was allowed to be taught so not to be forgotten. I think the history you’ve shared is very important information. This is a topic well worth further discussion as history always impacts the present.

KerimF

Sep 6, 2021
https://www.godisreal.today/

This list of names of God helps you experience how majestic God is and how deeply He loves you. Study the different names of God from Hebrew and Scripture and let His blessings fill your life, as you build a relationship with God, based on every aspect of His names.​

Isn’t it amazing that God revealed to us Himself through His names? Knowing His names helps us to know Him. Thinking of ALL that is written in His word, to be passed on generation to generation, He made sure to reveal Himself to us. That we can KNOW Him🙂.

Sorry, may I ask this... Is Jesus (or whatever one likes calling Him) among God's names?

By the way, my Muslim friends were told that their Allah is also described on their Quran by many words (I don't remember their number).

On my side I heard from Jesus only (not from anyone else and directly from the Gospel) the image of God that reflects best the image I have in my deep nature/being. In other words, the word 'God', in Jesus message, is short of:

The One Will/Power of my/our Father in Heaven (not incarnated) and Jesus (incarnated) unified perfectly, since before Creation, by the Divine Spirit of Love, the Holy Spirit.

But it is okay if it is hard to believe that this image of God is true/real (or could be true/real). After all, it sounds to a good Jew or Muslim a serious blasphemy against the God they used hearing of. This explains, for example, why the Honorable Jewish Elders had no choice but asking for the death of Jesus after he said: I and my Father are one. They used believing that God has to be One-Of-His-Kind Being who has nothing to do with the Spirit of True Love. Only those who are also born of the Spirit (this has nothing to do with what is known by ‘being born again’ in order to join a Christian Church/Denomination) could perceive the power of this Heavenly Spirit of Love which, if accepted and shared by two beings (much like the earthly spirit of true friendship), lets them have one will and power towards any outsider (who, therefore, sees them both as one being only... not two separated beings).

Please note that this is just me. So please forget all what I said here if the God’s image I presented doesn’t reflect, in any way, the nature of which you are created by God’s Will.

Last edited:

Made in the U.S.A

Feb 19, 2021
This link may help you
https://bibleresources.org/names-of-jesus/
If you truly seek answers to the many, questions you have they are all answered in The Holy Bible. Remember in conversations past all the scriptures shared with you involving the Father, Son , and the Holy Ghost.
You say “In other words, the word 'God', in Jesus message, is short of:
The One Will/Power of my/our Father in Heaven (not incarnated) and Jesus (incarnated) unified perfectly, since before Creation, by the Divine Spirit of Love, the Holy Spirit.”
The scriptures show us the very things you speak of in the Old Testament and the New Testament.
You state that ”After all, it sounds to a good Jew or Muslim a serious blasphemy against the God they used hearing of.”
My post was not meant to offend, but only to reveal to those who question what the love, personality, or nature of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit is, and that through studying scriptures He will reveal these things to us.
If you know Jesus as you say you do why would you say “This explains, for example, why the Honorable Jewish Elders had no choice but asking for the death of Jesus after he said: I and my Father are one.”???
Line upon line, precept upon precept it is written...

John 10:22-42
New International Version
Further Conflict Over Jesus’ Claims​

22 Then came the Festival of Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. 24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you,but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him,32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside—36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very ownand sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.
40 Then Jesus went back across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing in the early days. There he stayed,41 and many people came to him. They said, “Though John never performed a sign, all that John said about this man was true.”42 And in that place many believed in Jesus. Amen🙏🏻

Scout9

Feb 13, 2021
Thank you for sharing Scout9 , I had learned pretty much the same history of Yahweh’s name , but was taught it was because the Jewish people felt it was to Holy to speak, or to even write. They made a seven year exception that it was allowed to be taught so not to be forgotten. I think the history you’ve shared is very important information. This is a topic well worth further discussion as history always impacts the present.
Good evening, MitUsa;

Yes, I had also heard that as well. So, I am studying the Torah Basics, and one of the series teachings is on "Thou Shalt not Take the Lord's Name in Vain." It is really comprehensive and using Scripture in the context of Hebrew history, of perceiving function over form; very enlightening. But one of the things demonstrated is that there are not any Scripture passages which supports refraining from saying Yehovah's name; YHWH; nor from mis-enunciating it. Have you come across any Scripture passage which would support the Jewish cultures perception? If so, I am wondering if it is viewed as form vs function, as in what is the purpose for which Yahweh (Scripture) meant it.

KerimF

Sep 6, 2021
The One Will/Power of my/our Father in Heaven (not incarnated) and Jesus (incarnated) unified perfectly, since before Creation, by the Divine Spirit of Love, the Holy Spirit.”
The scriptures show us the very things you speak of in the Old Testament and the New Testament.

Sorry, I am not sure I got what you like to tell me well.
Don't you mean that you too don't see in the word God, our Father in Heaven only ('Only' means that He doesn't need the existence of Jesus and the Holy Spirit to be the Creator of our space-time universe)?

A typical Christian (not me) is supposed to see God just in the Father in Heaven who sent his Son (as an earthly king who may send his prince/child to some people). At best, he sees God as being 3 persons and 1 person, at the same time, somehow magically. So soon after I presented, about 50 years ago as a teacher of Sunday's Catechism, the above image of God (based on the Divine Spiritual Love, the Holy Spirit) to my students, instead of telling them that Trinity could be seen as the Sun with its light and heat are one. I was banned :)

So you let me be real curious to know where in the OT the image of Trinity, as I got it from Jesus, is mentioned. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngellicAngela

War Room Live Chat

Support War Room With a Small Donation
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and patriots/causes that appear on the show.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat