This Summer’s State of Our Union. When the Bough Breaks

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

Aubrey James

Aug 14, 2021
Humans, in general, have an innate ‘hospitality’ factor built into our psyche. A stranger can become a guest in your home, where rules apply that are absent if two people are in neither’s home interacting as strangers. In those away-from-home cases, there is a subset of customary gestures and attitudes often employed. Most striking is a ‘trust-offeredsyndrome that replaces the usual skeptical presence of ‘fear-of-the-stranger.’

As the twig is bent, both by verbal teaching and real-world encounters, so the individual becomes consistent. “Expect the worst, and you won't be disappointed” is a catch-all hat-rack for the dour Scandinavian natives. As a polar extreme example through history we see that populations raised in isolation, such as Pacific islanders, were very trusting of strangers, and this did not turn out well for them.

In the USA, by the 20th century, Americans (on the whole) were confident and out-going in encounters with strangers. In fact, they were predominately welcoming in a manner reminiscent of ‘at-home’ versus ‘away-from-home’ protocols. This ‘cowboy mentality’ left them open (as individuals) to opportunists who played on this ‘down home’ behavior as a shortcoming. The USA underbelly filled itself with snake oil salesmen and sham-Ponzi scoundrels because Barnum was right.

Who is to say which attitude (from paranoid to open-book credulous) is better? We (as a Nation) can take stock of ourselves and our perilous situation in mid-2022. We are seeing the fruits of our cowboy mentality come home to roost. The trusting of our ‘plucked’ from-the-ranks leaders to be COMPETENT servants of the people was (in hindsight) undermined by a fatal magician’s trick. Because these 'leaders; were in reality not ‘family’ any longer. They served other masters and ideologies. They were exploited by their ignorance (of consequences to the nation) in love of gain for themselves. Their Motto: ‘It never hurt the nation in the past, why should it hurt the Nation now?’ Answer: Because all dams have limits . All bubbles burst.

The belief that we (the citizens of the world) are in the same homogeneous boat (Mother Earth) has been exposed. There was never a war to end all wars -as was once proclaimed. The fact that we put Roman numerals behind Word Wars has been lost on those who downplay man’s inhumanity to man.

Rather, (now as always) there are ambitious, deadly empires (including cloaked rootless conglomerate empires) poised to complete and further their aspirations against weaker (and once stronger), exploitable countries. In modern times. the winning philosophy has been to rot the head and the corpus will follow. And our ‘heads’ have been ripe for the rotting. The fact that Joe Biden is the current installed President is beyond humiliating to us as a nation and as individuals. Let me point out the next body section to rot is the neck, which is the pathway to the head from the body. The pathway to get politicians into the ‘head’ is the ballot box ‘neck’. So the new route is to steadily wither the ballot box in favor of biased vote-counting via absentee voting. Soon (and they know it) they will control the neck if not stopped soon.

This population of ours has never been more isolated from reality and validity than was seen in 2020, when the indolent, spoiled RINOs of the conservative leadership let themselves be snookered into the greatest snow job the political history of the U.S. has ever experienced. (The lack of reflex investigative exposure and energy into uncovering the gears and machinery behind this is stunning.) The ‘Great Lie’ is the Great Truth, and there is no middle ground about it.

What to do about this? I would suggest (DUH!) we need a whole new attitude and membership in D.C. moving forward. We need a political hemisphere populated with realists who understand that the protection of the ballot box is only part of the wish list. They need to state publicly their embrace of National Individualism as pioneered by Donald Trump with the Make America Great Again agenda. We must preserve and strengthen America --before we can continue with the post WW11 aid we poured into the right (& in hindsight ‘wrong’) pockets. That program had its day. That is not today.

The current administration is furiously dismantling our resources and submarine-ing our economy via the dollar it is based on. Whatever your position in this country, as you go about your daily grind to maintain your (or your family’s) lives, you had better make room for one more thing to turn your attention into: If you (yes you) do not embrace the need for you to participate in the coming fall election, it will be too late to preserve what is left of your immediate (admittedly small but interconnected) participation in our Nation. There is a scary tipping point that will unquestionably will have been breached. If we do not save ourselves in '22 the odds are that we will be unable to do it in '24.

Together (of unified mind) we can accomplish just about anything. Your vote matters like never before. Separated, and disillusioned from our importance as significant and valid as any other person alive, we are bodies waiting to look in the mirror to discover we have no head to look at. It will be a complete and utter fall from relevance and grace.

However, we can rise up again this November >>link efforts and determination >> and begin to put our imperiled house back in order.
Or, we will eventually, most assuredly, all fall together. (To paraphrase Ben Franklin.)

Last edited:

Aubrey James

Aug 14, 2021
(Part Two)

Americans would rather die than live slaves!” 1775 Maryland Journal.
Reviewing when the American colonies rose up against Great Britain’s King system, the voices from that era still can stir the soul.

What a glorious morning for America!” Samuel Adams ‘The grisly nature of war in the end is untimely death, so prepare yourself accordingly’ Shackleford. “Tonight the American flag floats from yonder hill or Molly Stark sleeps a widow!” John Stark at the Battle of Bennington. “Does it matter the number of years you breathe, as long as those breaths you have are free?” Steward “Remember, officers and soldiers, that you are free men, fighting for the blessings of liberty… that slavery will be your portion… if you do not acquit yourselves like men.” George Washington, 1776

In those days, over 80% of all citizens were either landowners or in a family that was a landowner. There were indentured citizens, but no perpetual serfs. (Unfortunately the 80K+ slaves were not anywhere near the status of the indentured; who at least had a set obligation release date. The slaves would wait anther 90 years for justice.) At any rate, the lowest income free people were the backbone of the nation. The men were self-sufficient, jacks of many trades/skills, self-sufficient, and all were quite familiar with the use of fire-arms. The ladies were tough realists with nowhere to go but up. To both sexes the enemy was defined (as foreigners) and they were losing ground to the taxes and injustices from the King’s decrees and agents.

As is always the case, people who feel betrayed by the application of unfair justice will soon be ripe for change, and George the 3rd had ratcheted up the reasons for the uprising.

Do we today feel betrayed by the application of unfair justice? Not (it seems) if we can skim by on ‘being present’ in America. A look at the citizen of today shows renters are about 35% of our population. The vast ‘earnings’ of the Nation are not funneled into the pockets of these lowest income people. (Nor the next 40% either.) Certainly most are feisty, and some even outspoken, but this is not comparable to the revolutionary war years. The present low-income earners of our people are used to being manipulated and mistreated because they have never lost ‘unbearable’ ground in their lifetimes. When you have little, losing some of it is a soon forgotten addition to the ever-constant daily movement to keep your head above water.

These days of the 21st century are nothing like the 1770s. Nor are the remedies available to us the same. To stave off falling from within, we must use the one thing we have at hand, and that is a lot of hands. This November will be a fulcrum like no other. Often said,
but this time it is a valid prognostication. Will the poor break the statistical hammerlock the DEMs have on them? If they even go so far as to vote, rather than the usual hidden proxies who vote FOR them. That is quite the question.
---------------------

CODA: (See right below.) Do we really want Commies like the masters of C-P= ROT running our lives? This is an enemy of all the good we stand for. It is stop pinkos this NOV or lose further liberty.

Last edited:
Reactions: bannonfan

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021
Blaaaah.

vomiting-emoji-emoticon-vector-id499344354

Reads like it was written by a not-too-bright community college Poli Sci (female) freshman . . . trying to impress.

In fact, it's written in such pompous and bombastic language that I suspected she had copied from some other poor Freshman somewhere. I ran a Plagiarism Checker on both parts and nope . . . . apparently Audrey Jane wrote this.

So what's the message?

Who the **** knows?

I think she's trying to tell us that we (who's we?) need a "whole new attitude and membership in DC." What attitude? What "membership?" She doesn't tell us.

But apparently we also need "a political hemisphere populated with realists who understand that the protection of the ballot box is only part of the wish list." OK . . . are these "realists" the same as the "new membership" mentioned above or is this some other group?

And if the protection of the ballot is only "part of the wish list" (WISH LIST? I thought it was federal law?) . . . then what's the rest of the "wish list?" Audrey doesn't explain.

They (who's "they?") "need to state publicly their embrace of National Individualism as pioneered by Donald trump and MAGA" . . . . . . what the hell is National Individualism? Must be important because she capitalized it but she never explained what it means.

And do they actually need to EMBRACE IT . . . . or just TELL US THEY EMBRACE IT? That's two very different things.

And what does she mean "pioneered by Trump?" This mythical "National Individualism" is not a part of anything Trump has ever said as far as the Search Engines are concerned.

Finally . . . . . and I still think this is the point of this nonsense . . . . We must preserve and strengthen America -- . . . . OK . . . . .

before we can continue with the post WW11 aid we poured into the right (& in hindsight ‘wrong’) pockets. World War Eleven? When the hell was that? I've heard of World War One and Two and even of World War Z . . . . but never an "Eleven."

Thank God I got through that . . . . oh wait . . . . . there's a Part 2 . . . .

Audrey tells us WE CAN RISE UP THIS NOVEMBER . . . . .

Then comes a weird mix of quotations, Revolutionary War "history" (I'm using the term broadly) and finally something about "renters."

Renters? WTF?

Overall, the Second Part makes less sense than the First and that made no sense.

This is a D paper . . . either put some thought into what you write Audrey, or expect to re-take this class.

Last edited:

Knighty137

Jun 9, 2021
JUST GOTTA LOVE CONFUSED PATRIOT "CAN ALL WAYS BE RELYED UPON,, TO BRING A WIFF OF FRESH AIR AND THE SMELL OF ROSES TO EVERY DISCUSSION"

THIS IS THE END GAME, BE ACTIVE., HELP SAVE AMERICA AND THE WORLD. SEND TO EVERY FRIEND, AS THEY ALL NEED TO BE AWAKENED TO THIS MASSIVE TREASON.

THIS IS A FAIR AMOUNT OF DATA, FROM TWO PLUS YEARS OF RESEARCH, ON THE BIDEN IMPOSTERS OF 32 YEARS. I HAVE COLLECTED A RANGE OF PICTURES, AND VIDEOS, PLUS TWO OF MY BOOKS ON THIS THE MOST EVIL, AND GREATEST CRIMINALLY TREASONOUS POLITICAL SCAM IN RECORDED WORLD HISTORY. STEALING AN ELECTION, PALES INTO, ALL MOST, INSIGNIFICANCE, WHEN COMPARED TO THIS.

WHEN THIS IS ALL REVEALED, IT WILL FINISH THE DEMOND RAT PARTY. IT SHOULD ALSO FOLD UP EVERY SINGLE CASE, THE DEMOCRATS WILL EVER HAVE AGAINST THE REPUBLICANS AND TRUMP. OBUMMER KILLARY BIDEN IMPOSTERS PELOSI SCHUMMA SHIFF AND EVERY DEMOCRAT PLUS RHINOS SHOULD ALL BE UP FOR TREASON AND THE DEATH PENALTY, BY FIRING SQUAD OR THE NOOSE AS KILLARY SO ACURATELY PREDICTED

I am the messenger from a far away land. if America is to be saved, spread this to the far corners of earth, not only America. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17OAcQqcXnQaBr9mPdr4Qa7Q7DZScqp-0?usp=sharing This will open your eyes. Book 3 gives you a stack more videos. If for any reason you wish to contact me, with any tips, or questions, on this problem: john.knight137@gmail.com.​

REGARDS FROM

JOHN R KNIGHT.

I AM THE MESSENGER FROM A LAND FAR AWAY.

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021
JUST GOTTA LOVE CONFUSED PATRIOT "CAN ALL WAYS BE RELYED UPON,, TO BRING A WIFF OF FRESH AIR AND THE SMELL OF ROSES TO EVERY DISCUSSION"

Thank you kindly!

I've seen many D students pull themselves up and get a respectable grade for the semester.

Audrey Jane suffers from the COMPULSION OF TRYING TO IMPRESS.

She wants to be recognized as a leading voice in her world.

There's nothing wrong with that. But, her communication skills, like yours, suck.

Audrey needs to outline and even diagram her ideas, rearranging them to create a natural, logical flow. She needs to carefully define what she talks about, such as NATIONAL INDIVIDUALISM. (Which by the way is a contradiction of terms.)

Finally, Audrey needs to learn how to write PERSUASIVELY.

Like you, Audrey is NOT persuasive. Like you, she sounds like a whiny little bitch.

But, there's hope for you both and I'm here to help if I can.

Thanks again

Aubrey James

Aug 14, 2021
(The following is from a post on another thread I was on a while back. It is worth repeating,)
--------------

HARKEN TO THE DRUMS OF WAR.

It’s all about false pretenses, not disagreements. The PITs rail on that we disagree with them. Well, DUH. ---- But my animosity with them is driven by their false pretenses.

They live with lies, appear with lies, fabricate lies, contuse with lies, and celebrate lies. Their Company AI computer program ‘Solomon’ is even programmed to lie. LIE LIE LIE.

As a result, their credibility here is now zero (no matter what they feebly print to the contrary). And that is the only good thing a real poster can rely on when shunning the PITs.

Hold fast the understanding that they are dedicated to the end of the American culture, and anything you say or do against them is justified.

There are no niceties about this. They want to run a sword though our bellies, and every word they post is ‘positioning’ to bring this about. Any ‘just folks’ posture they utilize to throw sheepskins over their furry backs is sharpened for the 2 little gullible piggies who failed to listen to their bricklaying brother. The old folk 'Mother Goose’ and Grim Brother stories were there to teach kids that the dangers of this world are very real.

There is a war going on right here on this forum by paid soldiers who want to DETACH your allegiance to the greatest nation on earth. They have defined tactics and defined methodology to bring this about. There are many important things to deal with in expanding your patriotism by being here to gather and share with our community. -- PITs are part of the landscape that you need to see with 20/20 vision, and respond against them appropriately. Use your own method of choice, but keep your awareness safe from wolves by residing in a house of brick --- built entirely on rock.

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021
(The following is from a post on another thread I was on a while back. It is worth repeating,)
--------------

HARKEN TO THE DRUMS OF WAR.

It’s all about false pretenses, not disagreements. The PITs rail on that we disagree with them. Well, DUH. ---- But my animosity with them is driven by their false pretenses.

They live with lies, appear with lies, fabricate lies, contuse with lies, and celebrate lies. Their Company AI computer program ‘Solomon’ is even programmed to lie. LIE LIE LIE.

As a result, their credibility here is now zero (no matter what they feebly print to the contrary). And that is the only good thing a real poster can rely on when shunning the PITs.

Hold fast the understanding that they are dedicated to the end of the American culture, and anything you say or do against them is justified.

There are no niceties about this. They want to run a sword though our bellies, and every word they post is ‘positioning’ to bring this about. Any ‘just folks’ posture they utilize to throw sheepskins over their furry backs is sharpened for the 2 little gullible piggies who failed to listen to their bricklaying brother. The old folk 'Mother Goose’ and Grim Brother stories were there to teach kids that the dangers of this world are very real.

There is a war going on right here on this forum by paid soldiers who want to DETACH your allegiance to the greatest nation on earth. They have defined tactics and defined methodology to bring this about. There are many important things to deal with in expanding your patriotism by being here to gather and share with our community. -- PITs are part of the landscape that you need to see with 20/20 vision, and respond against them appropriately. Use your own method of choice, but keep your awareness safe from wolves by residing in a house of brick --- built entirely on rock.

Once again, this is at best, a D paper. Comments on how to improve:

• Stop using flatulent and bombastic language. You're trying to PERSUADE not IMPRESS. You're not persuading anyone because readers stop paying attention before you make your argument.

• Stop over-using allegories. You use too many and they lose value. You confuse the reader but more importantly, you bore them.

• Stop using terms without defining them. For example, what is a "PIT?" What is "Solomon?" What "war" is going on? Again, this bores readers.

• Stop making unsupported claims that destroy your credibility. Where is your evidence that "they" are dedicated to ending American culture? Where is your evidence that people are paid? Where is your evidence about a computer program operating here? Think about it, Audrey. If you lose credibility, why would a reader trust your argument?

But in addition to stopping your bad habits, Audrey, you must start including good habits of persuasive writing. Please refer to this handout from the Georgetown University School Of Law Writing Center. It can help you write much more persuasively.

Re-write and re-submit. If the next product is better, I will void this grade and replace it.

If you need additional guidance, check with my secretary and make an appointment during my office hours.

Good luck!

Aubrey James

Aug 14, 2021
To the forum. Now we are really seeing the fear (for losing its job). I am getting grammar lessons from the Troll who repeatedly explained to we Americans our Super Bowl is about a game called "feetsball".

What a rookie PIT mistake. (The translation & spell checker program all foreign born PITs use missed these goofus remarks.) SEE BELOW. (Don't miss the last lines; the 'uneducated & can't write' quote from the PIT.)

A = Never gets old.PNG

CODA: And now (below) the computer posts a picture with a little child. A camouflage gesture called 'diluting'. Solomon the AI can't respond to the truth, so it posts a weenie little taunt. On behalf of a weenie little PIT. Oh my goodness, this is rich.....

Last edited:

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021
To the forum. Now we are really seeing the fear (for losing its job). I am getting grammar lessons from the Troll who repeatedly explained to we Americans our Super Bowl is about a game called "feetsball".

What a rookie PIT mistake. (The translation & spell checker program all foreign born PITs use missed these goofus remarks.) SEE BELOW. (Don't miss the last lines; the 'uneducated & can't write' quote from the PIT.)

View attachment 16954

Audrey, stop crying. Buckle down and get to work. You can do it! Persuasive writing is a SKILL. Anyone can learn it. But you have to work hard. Tears won't cut it.

Baby-Girl-Crying.jpg

FuriousPatriot

Jun 23, 2021
Good morning AJ,

I've wondered where you've been and now I see that you've been applying that fabulous gray mush inside of your head to this yummy smorgasbord of thought provoking tidbits. Wow! It's a lot to unpack, but let me start with "trust offered".

The whole "hospitality" & "fear-of-strangers" concepts is a thread worthy of it's own discussion. Though, I'll begin here:

A dear friend from college aspired to be an actress. She graduated with a BA in Theater Arts (what a waste) and promptly headed to NYC to find fame & fortune on the stages of Broadway. This particular young woman, who moved on to the 'Great Divide' way too young, was literally loved and adored by all who knew her. In so saying, I'm not just speaking kindly of the dead. People, both men and women were drawn to her charisma like moths to a flame. I'm sure you've heard the phrase: All the men wanted her and all the women wanted to be her. It wasn't just good looks. In fact, while she was certainly attractive, she wasn't drop dead gorgeous, not what one would call 'model material'. What she had was that unbelievably rare 'spark' of ... some nearly indescribable 'thing'. She was captivating, alluring, and possessed an energy that was truly affecting. And, I say honestly and appreciatively that I'm a better person for having known her.

About a year after she moved to the 'City of Filth and Fleece' she called me in tears. She was drained of all joy, self-value, and will. That overwhelmingly negative vortex, otherwise known as NYC had zapped her nearly dry, as other large metro areas similarly have a tendency to do.
I urged her to leave, to come out west, which she did a short time later. In the meantime though, before she could disentangle herself from the city life that she had been trying to build, she needed some way to protect herself from the parasites, the thieves, the users, the cruel., and that insidiously draining energy of NYC. Her older sister, who she was living with in the city, is a minister and a therapist. Why my friend didn't reach out to her for help isn't really difficult to understand. She had always been such a stand alone, beloved figure that it wasn't in her wheel house to needfully impose upon others. Yet, she needed help, she knew it and she asked me for it. To which I offered what I thought was most needed at the time. You see, part of that 'spark' that made her who she was is that she had no outer, protective shell. She was raised in a close, loving family who epitomized "trust offered". As she grew into adulthood she inadvertently, perennially, exposed her whole, unprotected inner being to the big, bad, world which was like offering ambrosia to "Ripple" connoisseurs. So, we worked on creating for her the illusion of a tough, exterior shell. One that only she could turn "on" and "off".

That shell really was an illusion. It fit her like another person's tailor-made suit. She never did develop a tough exterior, it simply wasn't part of her being. Yet, that intently-crafted illusion helped to save her from being chewed up and spat out in those final few months in urban hell. When she did come out West she was able to do some deep healing, and before long was that rarest of "Lotus Blue" butterflies once again. She went on to reclaim her inner joy in local theatrical communities, and even went on to do some film work for which she is noted in the IMDB, the annals of whose who in the thespian world. Her story goes on from there, but that's a tale for another day.

The moral I offer here is that we fail our 'selves', our children, and our species if we don't teach our progeny to respect: boundaries, ourselves, and each other. Selecting leaders from among us isn't just a privilege or a right, it is a duty that is but one small part of that broader responsibility of raising up (capitol "G") ' Good Citizens' who understand the need to protect 'us & ours' so that we preserve that 'spark' that touches each and every one of us.

Aubrey James

Aug 14, 2021
"The moral I offer here...."
There is a strange timing in this post from you. I had pretty much decided to abandon this place. I’ve been trying to leave for ever so long. The PIT atmosphere is one thing, but I felt (& feel) this site could always help in the battle to reclaim our fading place in the international psyche. But that feeling has small grounds lately for nourishment.

Anyway, everybody moves on eventually from where you intellectually reside, or you are not a you -- but a cipher. (That is, if the gains diminish.) I’ve had my say on the bad elements here. No sense being a broken record, I have better engines to maintain. As do you, as do we all.

Without encouragement from the upper chamber, I have run a course here and that is that. --- Final? Probably not. I will lurk as November approaches, and may weigh in again. But I serve the nation better putting my expendable time into other approaches than (often) educating newbies on the dangers of being mind-poisoned. No poster should have to divert their energies into bullet-proofing a chair to sit in while exchanging ideas and gathering relevant news and understandings. Which pertains to why outlaws rob stage-coaches; especially wagons without armed protection. (It pays well, and the bullies enjoy wreaking havoc on those exposing an “unprotected inner being to the big, bad, world.”)

I got a notice today that you are following my posts. Thanks, and that is appreciated. A few things may turn up here and there. But the above comments were carefully chosen. We’ll see what we will see.

I recall one of our first encounters here. While on a treadmill, I once spilled my powershake all over myself (laughing) when I read another poster say to you: “You really ARE furious.” A good memory to put with the others you have given me. (Hopefully at least a few more to come.) Thanks. ----AJ

FuriousPatriot

Jun 23, 2021
There is a strange timing in this post from you. I had pretty much decided to abandon this place. I’ve been trying to leave for ever so long. The PIT atmosphere is one thing, but I felt (& feel) this site could always help in the battle to reclaim our fading place in the international psyche. But that feeling has small grounds lately for nourishment.

Anyway, everybody moves on eventually from where you intellectually reside, or you are not a you -- but a cipher. (That is, if the gains diminish.) I’ve had my say on the bad elements here. No sense being a broken record, I have better engines to maintain. As do you, as do we all.

Without encouragement from the upper chamber, I have run a course here and that is that. --- Final? Probably not. I will lurk as November approaches, and may weigh in again. But I serve the nation better putting my expendable time into other approaches than (often) educating newbies on the dangers of being mind-poisoned. No poster should have to divert their energies into bullet-proofing a chair to sit in while exchanging ideas and gathering relevant news and understandings. Which pertains to why outlaws rob stage-coaches; especially wagons without armed protection. (It pays well, and the bullies enjoy wreaking havoc on those exposing an “unprotected inner being to the big, bad, world.”)

I got a notice today that you are following my posts. Thanks, and that is appreciated. A few things may turn up here and there. But the above comments were carefully chosen. We’ll see what we will see.

I recall one of our first encounters here. While on a treadmill, I once spilled my powershake all over myself (laughing) when I read another poster say to you: “You really ARE furious.” A good memory to put with the others you have given me. (Hopefully at least a few more to come.) Thanks. ----AJ

I get it, AJ. I disappeared a while back for what seem like similar reasons. To my great displeasure I found several 'keen minds' had similarly disappeared during my absence. While I am not surprised I do feel a sense of loss. Not just because folks who I genuinely enjoyed vollying and bantering with were gone, but because it left others in a position to appear representative of "deplorables"; a thought that at times makes my skin crawl based on certain contributions that I have read here. And, which is particularly deceptive to the "international psyche" that you referenced above. That folks from other nations might deem certain people here as representative of typical freedom-loving MAGA is a horse pill much too difficult to swallow.

As I'm sure you know, I only pop in here intermittently. I specifically chose to follow your posts because this week I sensed you backing off, and thought that you might be planning your escape. Honestly, I hadn't really perused the rules and features of the sight sufficiently until I went looking for your recent activity. So I was unaware of the ability to "follow". I will say that I rather like the feature. Anyway, that tool will allow me to visit with you if/when you pop in going forward; though perhaps not necessarily in a timely manner.

One thing that you might like to know is that being one of those "newbies" that you helped educate about the ugly PIT under belly of this and other web sites I have altered the way that I interact on such sites. So, Thank You! for your efforts in that regard.

Anyway, I wish you nothing but the very best and will hopefully catch up with you down the road. If you're interested, I can be found on Jason Miller's forum, under the same user name. Though, also only on an intermittent basis.
Thanks for reminding me about the "You really ARE furious" comment. Like you I got a hearty chuckle from it, though ultimately had to agree given my fury over the state of affairs in 21st Century America. Good thing we don't all apply our fury through violence, eh?

Best wishes.
FuriousPatriot

Reactions: bannonfan

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021
@FuriousPatriot

NEW YORK STATE OF MIND

TIME CAPSULE ON THE "City of Filth and Fleece"?

WORKED AND LIVED IN NYC FOR 50 YEARS.
THERE IS ALWAYS AN ELEMENT OF PREDATOR/PREY
DEPENDS WHERE/HOW YOU WORK
WHERE YOU LIVE
URBAN DWELLING IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.
IT TAKES AWHILE TO DEVELOP STREET SMARTS
ESPECIALLY FOR "OUT OF TOWNERS"
PERSONALLY, IT WAS A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE
NYC WAS STILL LIVABLE UNTIL COVID AND AND THE GEORGE FLOYD INCIDENT.
IN ITS CURRENT STATE AM NOT SO CERTAIN THAT NYC CAN EVER
REBOUND.
HAVE NOT GIVEN UP ON NEW YORK STATE
TIME WILL TELL.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ON THIS SITE
INCLUDING LIVE CHAT
HOW LITTLE IN COMMON SOCIALLY, CULTURALLY AND PHILOSOPHICALLY
WE ARE AS NATION AND AS A PARTY
THE ONLY COMMON DENOMINATOR HERE, WE VOTED FOR TRUMP.

YOUR STORY TRIGGERED OFF THIS RECOLLECTION OF MINE
THERE WAS A TV SERIES CALLED "NAKED CITY" (1958-1963)
A SPIN OFF FROM THE 1948 MOVIE "THE NAKED CITY"

"There are eight million stories in the Naked City; this has been one of them".

COMEDIC VERSION

If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you
New York, New York
@Frank SINATRA

Reactions: FuriousPatriot

FuriousPatriot

Jun 23, 2021
Hello ZenRoman,

That is the most personally written info I have ever seen you post. It's nice to see, though I'm unclear why it's in all caps.

To your defense of NYC: I was born in NY State and am no stranger to the Big Apple. I've lived from coast to coast and personally experienced every major city in these United States of America, and you will never convince me that NYC is anything but a cesspool. The smell of urine and garbage is overwhelming in Manhattan from May 'til early September. The putrid smells are better in the outer boroughs, but that doesn't make up for the other unpalatable characteristics of the city. The people, well as you suggest, it takes a while to acclimate. So I'll just say for those who don't know any New Yorkers, that they are an acquired taste. The hum of stress permeates every breath of air in the city I suspect because there are just so many people, with their eight million moods, histories, frustrations and disappointments piled right next to and on top of each other.
For me travel has always been synonymous with freedom. Travel in the almost every corner of all the boroughs is a nightmare. The cost of living is crippling. I could simply go on and on.

In Frank's defense of his having co-opted Liza Minelli's "New York, New York" .... well other than enjoying the tune on New Year's Eve, while watching the ball drop, I have none. I pride myself on being a person who looks for the many angles and perspectives. Yet, I honestly have nothing but contempt for NYC and genuine sympathy for the people who live there. I'm sure that many would say the same of Manilla, Hong Kong, or London. The difference between those metros and NYC is that no other place on the planet has lured so many dreamers to itself only to use them up and spit them out -- emotionally broken and battered.

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021
Hello ZenRoman,

That is the most personally written info I have ever seen you post. It's nice to see, though I'm unclear why it's in all caps.

To your defense of NYC: I was born in NY State and am no stranger to the Big Apple. I've lived from coast to coast and personally experienced every major city in these United States of America, and you will never convince me that NYC is anything but a cesspool. The smell of urine and garbage is overwhelming in Manhattan from May 'til early September. The putrid smells are better in the outer boroughs, but that doesn't make up for the other unpalatable characteristics of the city. The people, well as you suggest, it takes a while to acclimate. So I'll just say for those who don't know any New Yorkers, that they are an acquired taste. The hum of stress permeates every breath of air in the city I suspect because there are just so many people, with their eight million moods, histories, frustrations and disappointments piled right next to and on top of each other.
For me travel has always been synonymous with freedom. Travel in the almost every corner of all the boroughs is a nightmare. The cost of living is crippling. I could simply go on and on.

In Frank's defense of his having co-opted Liza Minelli's "New York, New York" .... well other than enjoying the tune on New Year's Eve, while watching the ball drop, I have none. I pride myself on being a person who looks for the many angles and perspectives. Yet, I honestly have nothing but contempt for NYC and genuine sympathy for the people who live there. I'm sure that many would say the same of Manilla, Hong Kong, or London. The difference between those metros and NYC is that no other place on the planet has lured so many dreamers to itself only to use them up and spit them out -- emotionally broken and battered.

Good Morning FuriousPatriot:

@NYC is anything but a cesspool

Definitely now with the surge of a high crime rate.
Unfortunately a very common sentiment around most of the country.
And that was before the pandemic and George Floyd.
Granted It takes a special mental acuity and intestinal fortitude to be a New Yorker.
On the positive side the universe also provided Northern New Jersey, Southern Connecticut, Westchester
and Long Island for an easy commute into the Big Apple.
Like any other place there are pluses and minuses until recently the
amenities of NYC the benefits far out wayed the negatives.
Yes it is expensive, finances and daily living can be challenging.
Like any other circumstance, "Many are called few are chosen".
Personal experience "My Time In NYC" and New York in general I had fun,
my life was like a Netflix Movie would do it over in a heartbeat.

@For me travel has always been synonymous with freedom.

WHAT I LEARNED FROM MY CAREER.
From the working man's perspective
When I had time had no money
When I had money had no time
FYI:
The "New York, New York Song"
Post game:
At one time the Yankees would only play the Sinatra version when they won,
and the Liza version when they lost.

FuriousPatriot

Jun 23, 2021
Hello ZenRoman,

I did not know that about the Yankees. Not a big fan of Liza's so, I get it.

As for our widely disparate opinions of NYC, "each to his own". Billions of individual preferences and opinions is one of the many things that makes life so very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

War Room Forum
Donate to War Room Forum
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and our support staff to post news and video clips throughout the day.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat