We need a CONVENTION OF STATES

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

M

MYA

Today would have been Senator Tom Coburn’s 73rd birthday.

Though he’s been gone for almost a year now, he remains one of the most extraordinary men I’ve ever known.

Tom faithfully served on the hill for years, standing up for the American people with such unwavering fortitude, he earned himself the nickname “Dr. No” — roadblocking many pieces of harmful legislation.

But after years of public service, he realized that he’d never be able to truly fix the problems that faced the nation from inside the capitol.

So in a selfless act of patriotism, Dr. Coburn gave up his seat in Congress and left the hill to join the fight to call a Convention of States.

He spent the remaining years of his life flying around the country, meeting with state legislators, providing testimony before hearings, and rallying support to call a COS.

In one of his last speeches, Tom gave a moving rallying cry, urging a room full of Convention of States activists to never give up the fight. To go out and save the republic.

And our team is working around the clock to do just that.

This week, the COS Resolution was formally introduced on the House side in West Virginia, with 43 co-sponsors and bi-partisan support! That means we now have active COS legislation in 20 states.

Last Tuesday, “The United States Senator, Dr. Tom Coburn Resolution of 2021” passed out of the Oklahoma Senate. The resolution would remove the sunset clause on our Article V resolution in Oklahoma, ensuring that it will be counted among the 15 passed states.

Tom isn’t with us anymore, but his spirit lives on. He committed his life to fighting for our freedom, but now, the baton has been passed.

If not us, who? If not now, when?

Happy Birthday, Tom. Though we miss you dearly, we’re going to keep fighting until we win.

Mark Meckler
President
Convention of States Action

P.S. Watch the video on this page to see clips of Tom’s moving speech where he talks about what it means to really live, and how we the people can cheat history and save the republic.

clrariz

Feb 18, 2021
"Convention of States" is a Con. Can't adhere to sworn oath now - what makes anyone think new ones would be honored? Plus, already Progressive Wish Lists are ready for implementation. Only precedent is abandoning Articles of Confederation for current taxation & borrowing - & people can't figure out that the labor receipts of Americans in the 50 republics are not "taxable income"! A Con-Con is WAY too dangerous. Do not allow it! Best to understand our Constitution & the spirit of the Declaration of Independence & get elected yourself - or back someone who "gets it".

Feb 28, 2021
"Convention of States" is a Con. Can't adhere to sworn oath now - what makes anyone think new ones would be honored? Plus, already Progressive Wish Lists are ready for implementation. Only precedent is abandoning Articles of Confederation for current taxation & borrowing - & people can't figure out that the labor receipts of Americans in the 50 republics are not "taxable income"! A Con-Con is WAY too dangerous. Do not allow it! Best to understand our Constitution & the spirit of the Declaration of Independence & get elected yourself - or back someone who "gets it".
Amending the Constitution is not a waste of time. Tell me how many current elected offices support Term limits or a balanced budget? I can't wait for your reply

M

MYA

So, smart mouth, what’s your solution ... to do nothing? By the way, Convention of States and Coalition of States is based on the 10th Amendment. Do your own home work and let someone who knows how to write explain it!

Feb 28, 2021
So, smart mouth, what’s your solution ... to do nothing? By the way, Convention of States and Coalition of States is based on the 10th Amendment. Do your own home work and let someone who knows how to write
So, smart mouth, what’s your solution ... to do nothing? By the way, Convention of States and Coalition of States is based on the 10th Amendment. Do your own home work and let someone who knows how to write explain it!
I asked for the list of elected officials you said to support term limits and balanced budgets. Your response says it all. You have none. I donated over 70 times at house senate and presidency. I call all 50 senators and .any congress.an. I am working in my local republican party to make changes. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

clrariz

Feb 18, 2021
Please don't call me insulting names, a Liberal tactic.
I didn't say it was a waste of time - I said it is a dangerous thing to do.
My question is: if they don't follow the Constitution we have, what reason do we have to believe they would follow a new one?
It's not our Constitution that is flawed, although I believe that allowing fedgov borrowing was a mistake and the "general welfare" could have been more specific, the problem is with office holders not moral enough to honor their oath.
How would any number of amendments correct that?
IF Americans would be involved instead of showing up every 2 to 4 years to vote, the ones not honoring their oath of office could be removed without amending the Constitution with Term Limits. It is the job of the electorate to limit terms.
I'm very glad that Ron Paul was able to have so many years to teach us rather than being limited. We need more Americanists like him and who are willing to serve as long as they are able.

Reactions: NvEric
M

MYA

Please don't call me insulting names, a Liberal tactic.
I didn't say it was a waste of time - I said it is a dangerous thing to do.
My question is: if they don't follow the Constitution we have, what reason do we have to believe they would follow a new one?
It's not our Constitution that is flawed, although I believe that allowing fedgov borrowing was a mistake and the "general welfare" could have been more specific, the problem is with office holders not moral enough to honor their oath.
How would any number of amendments correct that?
IF Americans would be involved instead of showing up every 2 to 4 years to vote, the ones not honoring their oath of office could be removed without amending the Constitution with Term Limits. It is the job of the electorate to limit terms.
I'm very glad that Ron Paul was able to have so many years to teach us rather than being limited. We need more Americanists like him and who are willing to serve as long as they are able.
Let’s start all over. I thought you were being demeaning. We all have ideas on what could or should be done, but will it be done and when are the biggest problems. We all know that. We, also, need a lot of people removed from Congress, and the right people in their places to get some things done. I believe the reason that the majority of Congress doesn’t honor their oaths, and tears apart our Constitution is because they have ‘full immunity‘. They aren’t censured or, financially, reprimanded, at all. Full immunity and proxy voting have to be eliminated. Pelosi has been using proxy voting for months, now. She used COVID-19 as the excuse to use this hidden privilege. Kevin McCarthy asked her when she will end proxy voting, and she just ignored him. Write, email, and/or call your representatives to end and abolish this privilege. I am hoping President Trump ousts her out of the Speaker seat and out the door in the next congressional election. 🇺🇸

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NvEric

NvEric

Feb 7, 2021
Nevada
We battle an Empire built up over the past 110 years. Consider the Bureaucratic bloat. Consider the endless wars. Consider the degradation of behavior.
Getting better people into Congress is a good idea.
Keeping tabs on them is also good.
Getting more involved, is even better, so the weight of people grows too heavy to ignore.
Involvement in local politics is another factor.
Growing with what there is and what you know is fine.
Recognizing the history of how we got here comes next.
And, where you want to go is next.
Building a system is one thing - the easy part.
Maintenance is more involved as it's obviously an on going effort.
Maintaining balance on a tight rope requires concentration and can be done with conservation of effort.
As the winds pick up, the rope begins to sway, and the walker must adjust to maintain equilibrium.
The less movement and energy expended the better.
The larger the rope, the greater the stability and a lesser amount of effort is required.
Eventually, you look down and see you're not on a rope but a platform made from many ropes, but they all need to be maintained to insure they work.

NvEric

Feb 7, 2021
Nevada
Yes, Article V can be used by anyone. A convention is only for proposing amendments, ratification is still required by the States.
Another factor besides a "Convention of States" is our shrinking representation in the House. It should be at least 1305, if not a lot more.

Timothy Bair

Feb 17, 2021
timothybair.wordpress.com
Today would have been Senator Tom Coburn’s 73rd birthday.

Though he’s been gone for almost a year now, he remains one of the most extraordinary men I’ve ever known.

Tom faithfully served on the hill for years, standing up for the American people with such unwavering fortitude, he earned himself the nickname “Dr. No” — roadblocking many pieces of harmful legislation.

But after years of public service, he realized that he’d never be able to truly fix the problems that faced the nation from inside the capitol.

So in a selfless act of patriotism, Dr. Coburn gave up his seat in Congress and left the hill to join the fight to call a Convention of States.

He spent the remaining years of his life flying around the country, meeting with state legislators, providing testimony before hearings, and rallying support to call a COS.

In one of his last speeches, Tom gave a moving rallying cry, urging a room full of Convention of States activists to never give up the fight. To go out and save the republic.

And our team is working around the clock to do just that.

This week, the COS Resolution was formally introduced on the House side in West Virginia, with 43 co-sponsors and bi-partisan support! That means we now have active COS legislation in 20 states.

Last Tuesday, “The United States Senator, Dr. Tom Coburn Resolution of 2021” passed out of the Oklahoma Senate. The resolution would remove the sunset clause on our Article V resolution in Oklahoma, ensuring that it will be counted among the 15 passed states.

Tom isn’t with us anymore, but his spirit lives on. He committed his life to fighting for our freedom, but now, the baton has been passed.

If not us, who? If not now, when?

Happy Birthday, Tom. Though we miss you dearly, we’re going to keep fighting until we win.

Mark Meckler
President
Convention of States Action

P.S. Watch the video on this page to see clips of Tom’s moving speech where he talks about what it means to really live, and how we the people can cheat history and save the republic.
If this past election has proven anything is that the corrupt among us will as they did in a mere six state legislatures ALL REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED ...corrupt the process and turn our laws against us like a kennel of rabid bull mastiffs

I respected Dr Coburn...if he saw what has occurred since his passing, he surely would concur

IT IS CLEAR...looks like we may have to settle this mess like our founders did...fortunately Capt Parker's orders are still standing orders

Attachments

• CaptParkerApril101775-6.jpg
    CaptParkerApril101775-6.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Virginia VCU

War Room Live Chat

Support War Room With a Small Donation
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and patriots/causes that appear on the show.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat