We Need To Talk About GETTR 🤦‍♂️

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

Mr.Pepe

May 28, 2021
And it's not going to be a pleasant conversation but needs to be said:

A- GETTR is NOT a social-media platform let alone a "Free-Speech Social-Media Platform". GETTR is a clever alternative-news-outlet-template or maybe even an "Interactive-News-Outlet" but certainly not what you're selling it to be.
B- As an "Interactive-News-Outlet" GETTR works great. You can follow important political figures and get a constant stream of valuable information pertaining your biggest personal concerns.
C- As a "Free-Speech Social-Media Platform" GETTR is absolutely AWFUL:
  1. Users can delete other users comments: This flaw is so big and so incredibly stupid it didn't even cross my mind it could be possible. If users can censor what other users say then there's absolute no point for people to have an honest discussion about anything. Whoever controls the account/post controls what's been said, seen and discussed by everyone else thus turning GETTR into a short-attention-span blog where people simply shout things into the void and then very easily stifle all dissent or rebuttal.
  2. You cannot read replies to replies which ruins any kind of actual social interaction: At best people can ask a question and get back a reply. That's it. Further than that it becomes a nightmare because it forces the user to load up a new page every time you want to read a reply. Imagine if people had to do the same thing here to navigate a thread with dozens or even hundreds of replies.
  3. The tech looks decent at first but you quickly realize it's a disaster: Alerts rarely work and stopped working altogether like a week ago. So far the Support staff haven't returned a single email and I've seen many people complain about it. Many files don't upload properly. There's a limit in the number of likes you can give. It is extremely easy to make fake accounts, get around filters and so on.
  4. The bot situation is just utterly utterly embarrassing: I know what you're doing. Everyone knows what you're doing. And we all know Twitter does it too so it is fair game and we turn a blind eye. But GETTR-bots are probably the worst I have ever seen. This thing wouldn't pass the smell-test in 2010 let alone 2020. I cannot stretch what an absolute sh*t-show this is. If you're going to be this OBVIOUS then might as well not do it at all because then you are causing the opposite effect, giving the sense many real users are or could be bots too.
When I see Jason Miller talking about streaming and crypto-payments is just depressing and embarrassing. Parler, FrankSpeech and now this. I'm all about ACTION ACTION ACTION but the movement cannot afford these kinds of semi-rookie mistakes.
At the very least try to switch the narrative because the biggest problem is that GETTR it's been sold as something it's not. Like I said, it is a great tool for MTG, Rahem or Bannon to upload a video or post a piece of news but that is not social-media nor "free-speech".

My humble advice:

D- Be open and vocal about the tech issues. Tell people it is brand new blahblahblah, that it isn't easy to build such a big platform from scratch blahblahblah. People will understand and at least join already conscious about these shortcomings.
E- Either sell it as an "Interactive-News-Outlet", or actually turn it into a social-media platform by getting rid of the post-deletion feature and addressing the bot situation.

I really really really wanted GETTR to succeed as a global social-media platform but I honestly can't see how. There are simply too many mistakes and poor decisions combined (starting with that awful name).
Who knows, this all might be on purpose to push people into Trump's new platform...

TL;DR: This might fool grandma but that's about it. Millennials downwards no one will ever embrace this disaster of a platform.

Anyways, I'm open to provide further assistance if needed. Feel free to contact me here.

Peace and MAGA.

i-just-cant.jpg

Mr.Pepe

May 28, 2021
GETTR = GRIFTR
Lmao, that's perfect.

In a nutshell, that nickname is an incredibly superior branding/marketing job and carries way more meaning and personality than anything GETTR's done.

And this is the feedback coming from the WarRoom Forum... Quite disheartening to say the least.

StickAForkInUSA

Sep 26, 2021

A- GETTR is NOT a social-media platform let alone a "Free-Speech Social-Media Platform". GETTR is a clever alternative-news-outlet-template or maybe even an "Interactive-News-Outlet" but certainly not what you're selling it to be.
B- As an "Interactive-News-Outlet" GETTR works great. You can follow important political figures and get a constant stream of valuable information pertaining your biggest personal concerns.
  1. Users can delete other users comments: This flaw is so big and so incredibly stupid it didn't even cross my mind it could be possible. If users can censor what other users say then there's absolute no point for people to have an honest discussion about anything. Whoever controls the account/post controls what's been said, seen and discussed by everyone else thus turning GETTR into a short-attention-span blog where people simply shout things into the void and then very easily stifle all dissent or rebuttal.
  2. You cannot read replies to replies which ruins any kind of actual social interaction: At best people can ask a question and get back a reply. That's it. Further than that it becomes a nightmare because it forces the user to load up a new page every time you want to read a reply. Imagine if people had to do the same thing here to navigate a thread with dozens or even hundreds of replies.
  3. The tech looks decent at first but you quickly realize it's a disaster: Alerts rarely work and stopped working altogether like a week ago. So far the Support staff haven't returned a single email and I've seen many people complain about it. Many files don't upload properly. There's a limit in the number of likes you can give. It is extremely easy to make fake accounts, get around filters and so on.
  4. The bot situation is just utterly utterly embarrassing: I know what you're doing. Everyone knows what you're doing. And we all know Twitter does it too so it is fair game and we turn a blind eye. But GETTR-bots are probably the worst I have ever seen. This thing wouldn't pass the smell-test in 2010 let alone 2020. I cannot stretch what an absolute sh*t-show this is. If you're going to be this OBVIOUS then might as well not do it at all because then you are causing the opposite effect, giving the sense many real users are or could be bots too.
When I see Jason Miller talking about streaming and crypto-payments is just depressing and embarrassing. Parler, FrankSpeech and now this. I'm all about ACTION ACTION ACTION but the movement cannot afford these kinds of semi-rookie mistakes.
At the very least try to switch the narrative because the biggest problem is that GETTR it's been sold as something it's not. Like I said, it is a great tool for MTG, Rahem or Bannon to upload a video or post a piece of news but that is not social-media nor "free-speech".

My humble advice:

D- Be open and vocal about the tech issues. Tell people it is brand new blahblahblah, that it isn't easy to build such a big platform from scratch blahblahblah. People will understand and at least join already conscious about these shortcomings.
E- Either sell it as an "Interactive-News-Outlet", or actually turn it into a social-media platform by getting rid of the post-deletion feature and addressing the bot situation.

I really really really wanted GETTR to succeed as a global social-media platform but I honestly can't see how. There are simply too many mistakes and poor decisions combined (starting with that awful name).
Who knows, this all might be on purpose to push people into Trump's new platform...

TL;DR: This might fool grandma but that's about it. Millennials downwards no one will ever embrace this disaster of a platform.

Anyways, I'm open to provide further assistance if needed. Feel free to contact me here.

Peace and MAGA.

View attachment 10723
Ask yourself a simple question? Why did lindell's platform fail? Why did trumps fail? And the simple answer, wait for it.... they are not of the tribe.

Mr.Pepe

May 28, 2021
Ask yourself a simple question? Why did lindell's platform fail? Why did trumps fail? And the simple answer, wait for it.... they are not of the tribe.
Anyways, on a less based&redpilled note; I do agree there could be an element of masterful sabotage in all this, but chances are is just a simple case of gross boomer-tech incompetence.
(Liberal boomers are good with tech because they're nerds who never went out or got laid. Meanwhile the Right-Wing chads were too busy being normal to have no clue how the internet works).

Joking aside, I could go on one by one explaining the major flaws that brought them down, but the crucial issue here IMO is trying to be the FRESH NEW THING by copying old dying platforms no one gives a rat-ass about anyways.

tl;dr: You can't be "The Twitter killer" if you're just a shittier version of Twitter, which is a terrible platform to begin with. And the fact a meme-supremacist cartoon frog ends up here ranting about it should give you an idea of the level of frustration we're at.

Leslie AmericaFirst

Feb 12, 2021
I got off FB and went to MeWE. Found out they were built by left-leaning people so deleted it. Got on GETTR. Didn't really like it so deleted that account. I got on GAB and I like it the best. Off the big tech grid, building a parallel society and many small businesses there now selling things. I don't have time, nor do I want to make the time, to waste hours of my life on a social media platform reading a bunch of crap. I've got better things to do with my time and the people I want to follow are on GAB and I have other sources of information as well.

countermoon

Feb 17, 2021
American midwest
Anyways, on a less based&redpilled note; I do agree there could be an element of masterful sabotage in all this, but chances are is just a simple case of gross boomer-tech incompetence.
(Liberal boomers are good with tech because they're nerds who never went out or got laid. Meanwhile the Right-Wing chads were too busy being normal to have no clue how the internet works).

Joking aside, I could go on one by one explaining the major flaws that brought them down, but the crucial issue here IMO is trying to be the FRESH NEW THING by copying old dying platforms no one gives a rat-ass about anyways.

tl;dr: You can't be "The Twitter killer" if you're just a shittier version of Twitter, which is a terrible platform to begin with. And the fact a meme-supremacist cartoon frog ends up here ranting about it should give you an idea of the level of frustration we're at.
Interesting how you and your gay friends always bring up sabotage.

Rickt300

Oct 17, 2021

Your leftrat navel gazing is not working for you.

Reactions: countermoon

WHITEFRANK

War Room VIP Member
Jun 15, 2021
>when you thought the WarRoom Forum was a bunch of MIGA boomers but they go full-/pol/ in 5 posts

Lmao, I'll be damned, What a riveting turn of events...

View attachment 10731
this forum is infested with boomer cultists but it does also have a hardcore group of patriots. And because of the war room link if one of the protected cointelpro sketch queens gets attacked it turns into a boomer version of bunkerchan trannies raiding to protect the agents in place. Glowies read it all, and the grifterpalooza members like the auditboomers and e-celeb faux conservative cancer do as well.
pepe and his +13 bommyknocker.jpg

Rickt300

Oct 17, 2021
this forum is infested with boomer cultists but it does also have a hardcore group of patriots. And because of the war room link if one of the protected cointelpro sketch queens gets attacked it turns into a boomer version of bunkerchan trannies raiding to protect the agents in place. Glowies read it all, and the grifterpalooza members like the auditboomers and e-celeb faux conservative cancer do as well.
View attachment 10738
You need to focus on your navel gazing leftist.

Reactions: countermoon

grrlrocks

Oct 4, 2021
Wyoming

My humble advice:

Peace and MAGA.

View attachment 10723
THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS INFO - VERY VALUABLE!!!

Mr.Pepe

May 28, 2021
I got off FB and went to MeWE. Found out they were built by left-leaning people so deleted it. Got on GETTR. Didn't really like it so deleted that account. I got on GAB and I like it the best. Off the big tech grid, building a parallel society and many small businesses there now selling things. I don't have time, nor do I want to make the time, to waste hours of my life on a social media platform reading a bunch of crap. I've got better things to do with my time and the people I want to follow are on GAB and I have other sources of information as well.
I'm kind of speechless by this post. Extremely white-pilling to say the least.

Everything you say about GAB and the need for a parallel economy is something we cannot preach and hammer enough. Everyone should try to make a conscious effort to slide or even force-feed this mantra to the "normies" as much as possible.

I personally have never used social-media for anything other than political activism so my interest in these platforms is purely pragmatic.

This is literally the new Arms-Race. Social-media is a weapon being utilized to destroy our way of life so we need an equally effective weapon of our own to protect ourselves. And we don't have one. And we need to fix this.

That's it.

Mr.Pepe

May 28, 2021
So you're gay. You didn't have to tell us. But so be it.
Pay attention, posse: This 👆 is a "free bump".

Squizo-posters like countermoon can be used to achieve two very important goals when disseminate information online, specially in forums like this one.
  1. Each time they reply it bumps the thread back to the top of the forum index, giving it maximum exposure.
  2. It creates drama which also translates into bigger traffic.
They key here is to go about it in the most sensible way possible. The old internet saying "don't feed the troll" means you shouldn't take attention away from the main topic to engage with a troll, but at the same time trolls can be very useful when it comes to making "extra-posts" to further your agenda.

Trolling, indeed, is a art.

Mr.Pepe

May 28, 2021
Your leftrat navel gazing is not working for you.
I do engage in quite a bit of navel-gazing (specially during the summer time for obvious reasons).

I truly have no rationalization for feet-fetishists but I would most certainly understand having a navel-fetish. They come in all shapes, sizes and depths, and seem to me as a very underrated feature of the female anatomy.

I'm also not a big fan of Arabic culture but belly-dancing is definitely something I would be open to appropriate.

• Wow
Reactions: AngellicAngela

War Room Live Chat

Support War Room With a Small Donation
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and patriots/causes that appear on the show.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat