What is gaslighting?

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

Uaskedforit

Jun 15, 2021
Arizona, U.S.A

Gaslighting​

For other uses, see Gaslight (disambiguation).
Gaslighting is a colloquialism that is loosely defined as making someone question their reality.[1][2]
The term is also used informally to describe someone (a "gaslighter") who persistently puts forth a false narrative which leads another person (or a group of people) to doubt their own perceptions to the extent that they become disoriented and distressed. This dynamic is generally only possible when the audience is vulnerable such as in unequal power relationships or when the audience is fearful of the losses associated with challenging the false narrative. Gaslighting is not necessarily malicious or intentional, although in some cases it is.[3]

WHITEFRANK

War Room VIP Member
Jun 15, 2021
gaslighting.jpg

WHITEFRANK

War Room VIP Member
Jun 15, 2021
A more subtle or sophisticated form of it that bannon and boris use all the time is to simply blatantly lie about what they previously said and cover it up by saying "we've said all along" "we've been saying from the beginning" and ignoring the contradiction from what they said earlier to what they are saying now.

For example swapping from Mastriano to Corman, swapping from Georgia to Arizona to Pennsylvania, "we got this" to "it's a grind" and so on.

It makes people more fearful and confused.

Why?

Because consumers spend ten times more when they're scared than when they're happy. Scaring and confusing people is big business. Examples: diets, beauty treatments, economy, coronavirus

Uaskedforit

Jun 15, 2021
Arizona, U.S.A
A more subtle or sophisticated form of it that bannon and boris use all the time is to simply blatantly lie about what they previously said and cover it up by saying "we've said all along" "we've been saying from the beginning" and ignoring the contradiction from what they said earlier to what they are saying now.

For example swapping from Mastriano to Corman, swapping from Georgia to Arizona to Pennsylvania, "we got this" to "it's a grind" and so on.

It makes people more fearful and confused.

Why?

Because consumers spend ten times more when they're scared than when they're happy. Scaring and confusing people is big business. Examples: diets, beauty treatments, economy, coronavirus
“Because consumers spend ten times more when they're scared than when they're happy. Scaring and confusing people is big business. Examples: diets, beauty treatments, economy, coronavirus” - Like Home Depot supporting the weather channel when a hurricane is in the atlantic.

WHITEFRANK

War Room VIP Member
Jun 15, 2021
It was the title of an old Alfred Hitchcock movie. When I hear about it, or work with victims of it; it is usually meant to harm the other person.
harm the other person-- by making them doubt their own senses and sanity.
Mandela Effect is a large scale CIA experiment along the same lines.

consociate44

War Room VIP Member
Jun 18, 2021
I also did not know what it meant. I assumed it originated with gas lights at old theaters. Thanks for explaining that the term refers to a movie.
So if I understand this correctly, a gaslighter implies you are mentally ill for claiming he said or did something that he actually said or did.

Scout9

Feb 13, 2021
The movie "Gaslighting" as I recall, now I viewed it many years ago, but it did involve the old gas lights. A husband kept adjusting the flame of the gas light. This kept throwing his wife off balance, thinking that she was losing her vision, then losing her mind. When she brought it to her husband's attention, he continually denied he noticed any difference. This became a mind game, and generalized to other areas in which she questioned her perception/sanity.

Knighty137

Jun 9, 2021
YOU AMERICANS ARE ALL SO GULLIBLE, YOU DON'T EVEN REALISE YOU HAVE BEEN SUBJECTED TO THE GREATEST GAS LIGHTING IN HUMAN HISTORY. Most Americans believe all the lies and its all most impossible to even make them see the truth.

Last edited:
May 27, 2021
You know what? My sister, when she was about 18 or so, thought she could use a credit card and not have to pay it back. When she was forced to pay it back, she was angry at the company. This was the beginning of what I saw of her in the year 1982 until present. Every single one of those balloons are the EXACT words she has been saying to me for the last 50 years. Honest to God, right before the ccp virus, I was asking friends on fb (haven't used it now for a year), what is it called when someone acts like this because she has gotten so much worse over the last five years we cannot even have a conversation. Anyway, I cannot believe these bubbles. For a family member to act this way to another imo, is abusive. Does my sister even realize she is acting that way? Honestly I cannot tell. I could write a book about our relationship or lack there of. The final straw was when she told me my mom doesn't love me. She is the sister who won't let me see my 84 year old mom who has dementia AND had a stroke after her J and J, unless I get the jab. She is sick.

Reactions: WHITEFRANK

Scout9

Feb 13, 2021
I also did not know what it meant. I assumed it originated with gas lights at old theaters. Thanks for explaining that the term refers to a movie.
So if I understand this correctly, a gaslighter implies you are mentally ill for claiming he said or did something that he actually said or did.
Hey there, I wanted to follow up and see if you had any success or heard back related to your intentions to get something to SKB?

Scout9

Feb 13, 2021
You know what? My sister, when she was about 18 or so, thought she could use a credit card and not have to pay it back. When she was forced to pay it back, she was angry at the company. This was the beginning of what I saw of her in the year 1982 until present. Every single one of those balloons are the EXACT words she has been saying to me for the last 50 years. Honest to God, right before the ccp virus, I was asking friends on fb (haven't used it now for a year), what is it called when someone acts like this because she has gotten so much worse over the last five years we cannot even have a conversation. Anyway, I cannot believe these bubbles. For a family member to act this way to another imo, is abusive. Does my sister even realize she is acting that way? Honestly I cannot tell. I could write a book about our relationship or lack there of. The final straw was when she told me my mom doesn't love me. She is the sister who won't let me see my 84 year old mom who has dementia AND had a stroke after her J and J, unless I get the jab. She is sick.
That sounds also like a personality disorder or you likely are the targeted scapegoat. I am so sorry. yes, it is emotionally abusive and coercive. Based on the limited information you shared, it reads as if it could fit the term emotional blackmail.

War Room Live Chat

Support War Room With a Small Donation
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and patriots/causes that appear on the show.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat