Words have power

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

Oldschool69

Feb 12, 2021
But Jesus answered him, saying, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God -Luke 4:4

Bread is one of the most popular forms of food in just about every culture known to man. For some, it's a staple in places of poverty as it's inexpensive and can be made from scratch the old-fashioned way before modern technology.

It's also mentioned 330 times in the Bible so it's safe to say it has physical and spiritual references of importance.

God has a wonderful way of speaking using things we can understand. For example, Jesus spoke these words…

“I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world - John 6:51

So if Jesus is the spiritual bread that offers us salvation for the forgiveness of our sins then why did he mention to satan that man shall not live by bread alone?

Jesus is also the living word as written in the scriptures. He became the fulfillment of them and is our living example of how we ought to live them out.

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ - 1 Corinthians 5:4

There is power in the words of Jesus. He comes to do the will of God his father and the spirit of God brings his words to life like an activator.

Bread is the food we need to sustain our physical bodies but even more important spiritual bread feeds our spirit and guides and directs our path in this life.

If we fail to nourish our spirit with the word of God we fall victim to all sorts of issues including our physical state.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Ephesians 6:17

The word is also part of our armor and our only offensive weapon against the attacks of the enemy. This is why Jesus responded to satan" It is written".

The amazing thing is Satan knew this was true as he spoke to Jesus in like manner "For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep there -Luke 4:10

If we desire to live a life that's effective in love and purpose we must feed our spirit with the bread of life and speak it to those in need of this eternal life-giving hope.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210307-213822_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210307-213822_Video Player.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 15

War Room Live Chat

Support War Room With a Small Donation
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and patriots/causes that appear on the show.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat